Meet Gramps!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet Gramps!

I had a shakeup in projects.......traded my 66 Dart rust bucket (pictured) for a 49 Plymouth coupe (future project that will go on s10 chassis with 472 Cadillac engine that is already in chassis) but wont bother you all with those details too much yet. Then I sold the Duster (pictured) and bought this truck ...55 dodge job rate half ton......its got different wheels than in pics and I trashed the ugly canopy.........I know its not some high end muscle car but it will eventually be my cool little shop truck.........its got a FORD (YUK) 200 six cylinder in it which will be swapped for a healthy 318...........I started body mods already and relocated the fuel tank and filler which I'll post.......Will be fairly long term project so bare with me.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Oh and I named him gramps cuz I have and 06 Ram thats red and looks like his grandson which I have now named Sonny...LOL

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Pics of fuel door addition

Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

It will be a cool project. good luck with Gramps! Like what you did with the fuel door. What are you going to do for a trans?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

That will be a cool project. I like the body mods so far. It looks good actually, I'm sure it will look even better later.

I wonder what powers of mediocracy would ever possess a person to install a 200 Ford 6 into anything? :ROFLMAO: The Getaway 6 wasn't that bad.
      '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Cool and on the fuel door too! I like mine on the left tho...had a Challenger with it on the right and even tho I had that car for 18 years, there were times when I still would drive on the 'wrong' side of the pumps lol

Comment

Had one of those camper tops like that on a Datsun pickup in 76. It was my California cruiser. Slept a many nights in that camper....it was better than sleeping on the ship....didn't stink quite as bad. Those deck apes wouldn't take a shower...but that's another story..

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
            It will be a cool project. good luck with Gramps! Like what you did with the fuel door. What are you going to do for a trans?
            I've got a Pat Blaise built 727 for it

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Originally posted by 270SE View Post
            I wonder what powers of mediocracy would ever possess a person to install a 200 Ford 6 into anything? :ROFLMAO: The Getaway 6 wasn't that bad.
            Yeah you know I think they probably just happened to have it laying around but dont know...............runs good though.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
            Cool and on the fuel door too! I like mine on the left tho...had a Challenger with it on the right and even tho I had that car for 18 years, there were times when I still would drive on the 'wrong' side of the pumps lol
            Yeah just worked better on that side........besides the other fender needs work before doing something like that.........just need to be mindful of where its at.

Comment

Wow, that's a neat project!

C.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

Nice!!! Keep us updated!
                "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                -Groucho Marx
                Moparless for now

Comment

Gramps is going to be one cool project... Keep us posted and I do like what you have done with the fuel door.... Start out with the cool meter way up!!!!!! Keep up the good work......
                  Mack Reeves
                  FS/C 2377
                  2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

Gramps would go down the road pretty slick with a 318 Magnum and the OD trans behind it and 355 posi in the rear end. And all you have to do to do that is find a rusted out Dakota. Just my 2 cents. Nice work on the fuel door.
                    1975 Charger SE E68 323
                    1976 Cordoba 360-4 500 OD 355 Sure Grip
                    1977 Cordoba 400-4 727
                    1979 Magnum XE 360-4

Comment

Yeah great idea............I'll be doing the swap to a V8 in the spring so lots of time to find a good dakota deal..............not lots of RUSTED daks around here though.

Originally posted by Dobaroy View Post
                      Gramps would go down the road pretty slick with a 318 Magnum and the OD trans behind it and 355 posi in the rear end. And all you have to do to do that is find a rusted out Dakota. Just my 2 cents. Nice work on the fuel door.

Comment

Looks like a nice solid truck. I like the gas door mod you did on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ronnysplymouth View Post
                          Yeah great idea............I'll be doing the swap to a V8 in the spring so lots of time to find a good dakota deal..............not lots of RUSTED daks around here though.
                          Don't need to find a rusted truck just a wrecked one as the donor. I used a wrecked durango for the duramago.

Comment

Working...
                          X