No announcement yet.

61 Plymouth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the chrome all on (had to make some pieces) and the bedliner done- need to do some cleanup....need headlight bezels and have some straitening to do on the grill

On a side note, when I backed it back in the garage, the amazing torque of the leaning tower of suspense ripped the engine clear out of the car,,,,must be 3000 ft lbs or better....on a more serious note, if anyone wants it, claim it before next weekend and it's yours- I don't want to mess with shipping local pickup only- it runs, probably needs bearings looked at, does not smoke and likely makes 40 hp in the current state of tune....
    www.diamondbackengines.com Yes we're still open

Comment

• It is looking a lot closer to done. Very nice work!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I can't wait to hear what will be taking up residence in place of the leaning tower of power.
      The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Its really looking good. So are you going to let the cat out of the bag on the engine choice or just leave the cat in the bag for now? LOL!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• I have changed my mind once or twice, but am leaning towards something similar to what's in Fugly.......cat almost out...

Comment

• So Fugly has a 499? Is that right? Plus I remember you said a manual trans. It will be sweet!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• Fugly is a 496 (400 stroker) -this will not be that big but same base engine- may end up with an auto trans to make towing easier...

Comment

• I'll take that leaning tower of suspense.....probably can bring that 426 out too when I pick up the T/A block from Cruz's shop....dang, I've forgotten how he speeeels his name!

Comment

• I'll take the carb off of it. Can haul off the motor if need be, I got a metal dumpster at the shop.

Oppps read Cranky called it first.....dang.
                  Last edited by Trannyman; 06-11-2011, 09:20 PM.
                  His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                  2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

• Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                    I'll take the carb off of it. Can haul off the motor if need be, I got a metal dumpster at the shop.

Oppps read Cranky called it first.....dang.
                    Doug, are you selling your scrap iron or giving it away? Don't know how the metal dumpster deal works....

Comment

• Carb is Trannyman's, Engine is Crankys- Cranky, I can take it to the shop friday or keep it here if you can gat it Fri-Sun next week

Comment

• Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                        Doug, are you selling your scrap iron or giving it away? Don't know how the metal dumpster deal works....
                        Cranky, the metal I give away, There was a company that left the dumpster at your place of business and would come by periodically and pick up the metal and pay you for it. They went out of business and left the dumpsters. Know I got 3 or 4 metal hobos that come buy and steal it.

My Coronet /6 runs with the carb I got now but it's missing pieces. All the choke stuff is gone and has none of the transmission linkage hook up stuff.

I was hoping Damon would keep the /6 and then we could race.
                        His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                        2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

• Too bad I didn't save all of mine when I pulled my leaning tower of slowness out of my 66....btw, I brought the ET of mine down from nearly 23 seconds when I first got it to an 18.10 best without doing any parts swapping to the engine . Hey, if Damon has any linkage that you need, go for it. I was just going to pass the engine onto a friend and he doesn't need the linkage or the carb....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fugly View Post
                            Carb is Trannyman's, Engine is Crankys- Cranky, I can take it to the shop friday or keep it here if you can gat it Fri-Sun next week
                            I haven't heard anything from the machine shop yet. Are you talking about DiamondBack? Didn't see this until after making a reply to Doug lol

Comment

• Engine is at Cruz' ...bring my block if you want...have old rear out of Tugly and trans if you want it.....got a little more done....

All new suspension bushings, tie rods ,etc....rebuilt and modified the 727....also installed an E body rear housing (same exact dimensions, imagine that).....then I set this in...

likely will change intake- that ones just sitting there....

Comment

• Wow, looks good! As soon as I hear from Cruz, I'll be out that way....

Comment

Working...
                                X