No announcement yet.

Its The A-100s Turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's gonna look great when it's done!

C.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

A lot more rust (and poor rust repairs) was found after stripping

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/DAVESC%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-23.png[/IMG]

Paint stripped to bare metal, primed to prevent flashing, and repairs are starting on the left side and will work its way around the truck.
      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
        That was a perfectly good paint job.....

Under the paint there was a lot of Bondo as a poor rust repair. The below are some of the photos of rust found -- and being repaired. We've already wore out one welder welding in new metal.

Been a solid month of 40-hour weeks stripping, priming and repairing so far. Might be another 2 months of 40-hour weeks before the van is 100% in primer. I still haven't decided on paint yet.Thinking about putting the Magnum head 408 motor in it.

Comment

cool project
          "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

How's this one going?
            The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

Sure is a sweet looking engine...you have a lot of nice looking builds in here! I think I remember a post from you a while back about a truck like this for sale...I guess you bought it, lol! There's a salvage yard not far from me that has a white truck like this one sitting out front that I see when I drive to town for work. Where's the engine sit at in this thing ...I guess I better stop and look at the one around here. I had a similar Ford van straight front axle where the whole engine was up front inside but that looks to be toward the rear inside huh? You must be blessed to be able to do as many builds as you do...I wish I had the time and equipment to do that! Do you have a museum or something to put all these cars in? Hell you may as well build you one if you don't with all the cars I see that you go through. Looks like it's coming along great so far and the body looks to be in good shape too, not too bad at all! Nice work, have fun with it, I know I would!

Comment

The engine is in the console between the driver's and passenger's seat basically.
                '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Dang Dave, wouldn't have been a whole bunch easier to send that bugger to Redi-Strip? Or were you looking for a way to keep someone working?

Comment

Well the more we got into it -- the more we needed to get more into it. All of the body work is done, it is in primer, and it is about ready for paint -- but the project is on hold for a while.

Comment

I know how that goes!

Comment

OK, we were setting up what was previously referred to as the dirty room to have the chop saw, grinder, drill press, sand blaster, ....

In that room languished the Slant 6 from the A-100 (which has been resting in the paint room.

The engine ran great so we just cleaned it, 3M padded it down, partly disassembled, resealed with new gaskets, painted, and reassembled the brackets/accessories/etc.

Comment

What? No wheelstander?
                          His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I have a 408 I could put in it, I could find a crate Hemi to put in the bed, or I could put the /6 back in. I figure might as well clean an wrap it in the meantime, so I can put it in a clean room. I need to do the same with the transmission and clutch.

Comment

Working...
                            X