X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 Dodge Dart Swinger drag car build

http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/v...rn/drag%20car/

http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/v...0cid%20engine/

Some pics of my drag car build. My cousin and I started this project about 4 years ago. The engine is a couple weeks from seeing the dyno. It is a 408. factory 360 block indy 360-h1-2k oval head kit w/ jesel rockers and eagle stroker crank. Lots of time and money in this car and it is only about 60% done. more pics and updates later.

Looking good ! Keep us posted.
    The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Nice pictures,, now if you would stop drinkin with me the car would be done! LOL!! cant wait to see what it will do on the dyno! Gonna make more steam then mine i would guess.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

and look you posted it at 4:26....
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

going to be a very cool ride.......
        340 Swinger

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
            Nice pictures,, now if you would stop drinkin with me the car would be done! LOL!! cant wait to see what it will do on the dyno! Gonna make more steam then mine i would guess.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

and look you posted it at 4:26....
            Are you saying you're a bad influence!? :ROFLMAO:

Comment

hemi67s is always a bad influence

Comment

Originally posted by kruegern View Post
                hemi67s is always a bad influence
                If i remember right you came over by me looking for someone to drink with. LOL!! and being the nice guy i am,, we drank a bunch.

Comment

Just got a call from the engine builder they dyno'd it today. It made 530 ft.lbs @ 5000 and 590 h.p. @ 6000 and held it still @ 7000. 15 pulls every pull real close he said it was real looby idle but real crisp and quick. headers are a little big @ 1 7/8 i.d. could make more with 1 3/4. This motor is basically a pump gas motor. I'm very happy with these numbers

Comment

Very good numbers, congrats!

Comment

I would also be happy with those numbers! Nice job.
                      Shawn
                      72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                      89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Cool!! 15 pulls....is it customary to do that many?

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                          Cool!! 15 pulls....is it customary to do that many?
                          My engine builder Tom was trying a few different set ups with spacer plates and tune ups. I dont think normally they do that many.

Comment

well I tried to put the dyno sheet on here but cant figure it out. it made 529.5 ft.lbs @4900 rpm & 593.3 H.P. @6700 rpm was hoping the rpm's would have been lower cuz of the stock block but like the numbers it made. Pics of motor to follow

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

pics of motor complete http://s691.photobucket.com/albums/v...or%20complete/

Comment

What's the cam set at? If there's room to advance it a few degrees, that will usually bring the power band down into a bit lower rpm range....talk to your engine builder about it and see what he says....

Comment

Working...
                              X