72 Dart hot street proyect :/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTSDave View Post
    I wondered how their connectors would fit on the A-Bodies. I have always liked the Victor intakes, but never personally ran one on a Mopar. Should be much better than the Torquer.

Thanks for the pics it is looking good.

-Dave
    Well, i was sckeptic at first glance, at the point of buying a set of 2x4x.120 to do my own connectors in case i dont liked them, cuz i am very anal about fitment issues or about strenght of the chassis components, took them CAR TOOL connectors and the 2x3 to the car, start working, and let me tell you guys, they do fit so nice, that i was in love with them as soon as i test fit em, do a undercoating fast cleanup with my gas torch and putty knife, wire brush it solvent cleaning and start welding the connectors, is was amaizing how tight was the fitment, just so perfect, that all those welds you see there, where made upside down, and they came so beautiful, that it amazed myself, make me feel better about my welding skills:ROFLMAO:

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Originally posted by 4vnut View Post
    Nice work, parts and progress Demon1515! Did you ever decide on a cam?
    Thanks men, and yes actually i do bough a hydraulic xtreme high energy 564 lift cam from comp cams
    lets see if it is what they said it is

Comment

here is the other side of the frame connectors done!

Comment

Very nice, whats nexted on the list?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Cool!! thumbs up to ya man!

Comment

Thanks guys, well Hemy67's, the next is the rearend, i need to finish the Dana60 ASAP before the winter comes on in full throtlle, so wish me luck on that!

Comment

can a Moderator move this topic to the "Car Builds (Progress Threads)" please cuz i think i place it in the wrong place!

Comment

Originally posted by demon1515 View Post
                can a Moderator move this topic to the "Car Builds (Progress Threads)" please cuz i think i place it in the wrong place!
                Looks like it's in the right place to me....:angel:

Comment

Nice project, keep us updated!
                  The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Thanks for moving me here and thanks guys for support!
                    I hope i can work in the rearend in the next few weekends before it gets really cold here.

Comment

i did some mock up on the motor today before sending it to the machine shop to see how all the ports match with the intake and how close the headers are to the block to see if i need to debur something and so far so good taking in consideration the thicknes of the COMETIC head gaskets and intake gaskets with more or less .005 off the block deck when done and is just going to be a mater of match port the top of the head ports at least 1.5mm and the bottom of the intake manifold floor about less than 1mm plus the cleanup i am going to do on the ports intake and exhaust on the head, i am in the proces of fab a throtle body addapter with a low profile setup to install the Q45 90mm TB i got and i got already the fuel rail for both sides on -10 for the injectors, so this is going to be a pump gas monster, so "buy a hybrid guys i need your gas"
                      Here couple of pics.

Comment

Cool! What cubic inch is your engine going to be?
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Not sure yet but i think 447 if not a 451, all depends on if i need to go .40 over or .60

Comment

Originally posted by demon1515 View Post
                            Not sure yet but i think 447 if not a 451, all depends on if i need to go .40 over or .60
                            With a 440 you should probably be a bit conservative. Not a lot of extra room in many of the castings for cleanup later.
                            '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

this is a 68 block i hope i am good with it, as i chek the cylinder water jackets looks solid not a hint of scalped rust it is solid, but i did before went .40 over on a 68 440 block and it was awesome, i hope this will be too!

Comment

Ohh my god i found my way back here after a crashed computer problems with the photobucket and many other things!

Here is what happened to my project since then ...................... almost nothing, but here is a little update!

Here are pictures of the new wheels and rear meats! and Daddy's little helper!

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

I get to start installing the Mancini leaf spring relocation kit and again run out of shielding gas
                                I did leave the outside of the factory frame rail just because in my opinion it give more strength to the frame itself, (just my likeness) i did make some holes on top to plug weld the top part in that side to the new box, and give me all the clearance from tire to leaf spring,
                                And just for all of you, another way to install them, as far as i know, it haven't been done like that before

here some pictures,

Comment

Working...
                                X