No announcement yet.

72 Dart hot street proyect :/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking project. I like the drawing. Pretty sweet. Had a friend with a 70 Mach-1 that was white with black stripes louvers wing ect... GREAT looking car. Makes you wonder why you don't see more white/black combo's out there.

Didn't see a location in your profile. Where are you from? What is/will be your home track?

-Dave
    Please Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way!

Comment

Thanks, and yea i did update my profile i am from GA

Comment

Yup I also like the white/black look!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

An By the way if any of you interested in a rendering like this one, customized just for you with whatever you want just let me know, it is $80 for it, remember customized just for your tastes!

Comment

Originally posted by GTSDave View Post
            Great looking project. I like the drawing. Pretty sweet. Had a friend with a 70 Mach-1 that was white with black stripes louvers wing ect... GREAT looking car. Makes you wonder why you don't see more white/black combo's out there.

Didn't see a location in your profile. Where are you from? What is/will be your home track?

-Dave
            Because white's not that popular. You see some black/whites, green/whites, green/blacks, red/whites, red/blacks, etc but not white/blacks. Last I saw a nice looking white/black was actually on a Dart.
            '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

SOME minitubing manual steering box and front end love, UPDATE!
              MINITUBING, this is a very easy one to do, but it took me about 4.5 hrs. per side.

Manual steering box with no adapter whatsoever very easy from power to manual!

SOME FRONT SUSPENSION LOVE, still need to install the new 90-10 drag shocks,

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I also score very cheap a set of TTI 2 inch primaries underchassis headers for A-body, they are sweet! 8-)

Comment

Nice score!

I need bigger headers for my Cuda. I have a set of the old ProParts partial fenderwells, and they are 2". I like the fit, and I can still use my factory clutch hardware, so for now, they are staying.

Too bad you are not closer to us. We could always use more A-Body folks near here. It makes trading parts easier hehehehe. I was collecting parts for my demon for years and ended up with a lot of stuff I should really trade off. Lots of it is Dart stuff though. Fenders grills ect...

I believe I have 2 of the 70 model rear bumpers, one re-chromed. And at least one set of tail lights for them. I think I also have some NOS lenses somewhere. That is what happens when you collect almost exclusively A body parts for almost 20 years LOL.

When you get a chance, I would love to know more about the way you re-drilled the hubs for different rotors. My Cuda, and GTS are both factory disc brake cars and had the KH 4 piston setups on them. The rotors are pretty hard to find, and the spares I have are getting thin.

The Cuda has a set of Aerospace brakes on all 4 corners, but for the GTS or any other A-Body I build in the future, it would be nice to have a way to re-use my old hubs with new rotors.

-Dave

Comment

Wow, i like those headers! Nice work also on the mini-tubs and front suspension.

Comment

[QUOTE=demon1515;

You are gong to have to repair the threads in the oil passage hole with the bolt screwed into it. The threads are pipe fitting threads and the bolt is standard bolt. They do not interchange. You will have an oil leak there if the threads are distorted. Very interesting project you got going. :clapping:

Comment

Wow nice catch their hemibee68 i never even seen it.

Comment

[QUOTE=hemibee68;113725]
                        Originally posted by demon1515;
                        [IMG
                        http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/CANDUNGO1515/Picture021.jpg[/IMG]

You are gong to have to repair the threads in the oil passage hole with the bolt screwed into it. The threads are pipe fitting threads and the bolt is standard bolt. They do not interchange. You will have an oil leak there if the threads are distorted. Very interesting project you got going. :clapping:
                        Thanks bro, but nahh, that was my litlle daughter who put that bolt there by hand she says it fits hehehehe.:ROFLMAO:

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Originally posted by GTSDave View Post
                        Nice score!

I need bigger headers for my Cuda. I have a set of the old ProParts partial fenderwells, and they are 2". I like the fit, and I can still use my factory clutch hardware, so for now, they are staying.

Too bad you are not closer to us. We could always use more A-Body folks near here. It makes trading parts easier hehehehe. I was collecting parts for my demon for years and ended up with a lot of stuff I should really trade off. Lots of it is Dart stuff though. Fenders grills ect...

I believe I have 2 of the 70 model rear bumpers, one re-chromed. And at least one set of tail lights for them. I think I also have some NOS lenses somewhere. That is what happens when you collect almost exclusively A body parts for almost 20 years LOL.

When you get a chance, I would love to know more about the way you re-drilled the hubs for different rotors. My Cuda, and GTS are both factory disc brake cars and had the KH 4 piston setups on them. The rotors are pretty hard to find, and the spares I have are getting thin.

The Cuda has a set of Aerospace brakes on all 4 corners, but for the GTS or any other A-Body I build in the future, it would be nice to have a way to re-use my old hubs with new rotors.

-Dave
                        Thanks Dave, i wish i am closer to a big Mopar community but hell here in GA they are not too many, by the way i can use one of those recromed rear bumper and NOS tail lights,

On the front brakes i am using 1990 RX7 disc rotors and wilwood 4 piston calipers and on the back in the Dana60 Cherokee rotors and Aerospace calipers.

I did redrill the factory small bolt patern drum hubs with a template i got when i use to work at an industrial machine shop back in Puerto Rico, i did it for a lot of imports too cuz the 5 lug conversion is way easyer to find better and nicer wheels for them,

I was looking to get a set of those semi fenderwell but these set showed up and i get em cuz i am using a hydraulic clutch set up that i will custom made for it, using a hydraulic trow out bearing set up with a undetermined clutch master, who knows i may end up using something from my impor stack, i just need ot to work perfect

you can change the brake rotor on the front with a more common one from some newer car as long as it is the same diameter in circumference, the ofset of this dont have to be right on you can have one real close and just shim the calipers from the brackets and use longer bolt my friend!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
                        Wow, i like those headers! Nice work also on the mini-tubs and front suspension.
                        Thanks bro! i am trying to do what i can with what i got!

Comment

Change the intake, I found this other one that is the combination for the Aluminum heads, it is a hi rise victor single plane intake and with the sale of the other intake it is dirt cheap so i got to have it!

Here is a side by side picture of the 2!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Start working on my Dana 60 today i cut the ends to get it to size as soon as i get the wheels here, clean up a litlle and mock up the T/A rear cover! it is nice!

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

US CAR TOOL SUB FRAME CONNECTORS, driver side first the pass side next week, i run out of shielding gas :evil: !
                          By the way they fits like a glove very happy with the fit and fitment!

Comment

I wondered how their connectors would fit on the A-Bodies. I have always liked the Victor intakes, but never personally ran one on a Mopar. Should be much better than the Torquer.

Thanks for the pics it is looking good.

-Dave

Comment

those sub-frame connectors do fit nice, great job! i would say score on the new intake, what a difference between the two.

Comment

Nice work, parts and progress Demon1515! Did you ever decide on a cam?
                                stercus accidit

Comment

Working...
                                X