72 Dart hot street proyect :/

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demon1515 View Post
    Yeah i know, i am going slower than the last 10 cents at the gas pump, but i am getting there guys LOL!
    Don't feel bad it all takes time and money. This March will be 3yrs on my runner.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• Demon has been five years and still not done!
      Shawn
      72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
      89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

• Hell... I got projects goin on 15yr.!
        The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

• Goza Machine Shop in Acworth GA is taking care of the .40 over, balance, align hone, squared the deck, rebuild the crankshaft 10 - 10 under before balance it with the billet flywheel, fluid damper harmonic balancer, Spec pressure plate, and installing the cam bearings on the block, Mr Tommy Goza is the best cant wait to get it back to start the engine assembly and blue print!

I did took apart the 833 trany with my 6 year old daughter and we just finish yesterday rebuilding it with new bearings, tail housing synchronizers and gaskets set, trust me without my daughter i couldn't do it, she got a photographic memory AWESOME!

Comment

• That is cool to involve children.
            Shawn
            72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
            89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

• I get all my parts from the machine shop and all of the tolerances just mike perfect so soon i will be putting together this puzzle!

Comment

• Nice assortment of parts there!! With the 1/2" girdle on there you will have to extend your oil pickup, or it will be over an inch from the bottom of the oil pan. Just information here!
                Glenn

Comment

• Hey, another Innovators West dampner......made in my home town!
                  The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

• Those Innovator West Harmonic balancers are bad ass, when my guy at the machine shop put it on the balance machine it was at 0 and i was like SWEET!

Also thanks on the girdle suggestion, i always measure it just to make sure every time i build an engine and yes it may be needed for me to subdue the pick up to meet criteria, thanks again!

Comment

• I start with the engine assembly today and already made a mistake by ordering the wrong piston rings, my probe pistons take the 1/16 first and second rings and i order the 5/64 by mistake, my fault for not checking before ordering, thanks to the good people of Mancini Racing, and i return the wrong rings and the right ones are already on their way here, super customer service.

So i just get the crank and girdle installed and torqued down to 110 Ft. Lbs. and sealant plus the rear main seal also installed and sealed, hope no leaks cuz it will be a pain in the ass to do it in the car.

here couple of pictures of it on its way to be an engine again since the late 70's!

Comment

• Cool stuff.

Comment

• Very nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
                            Very nice!
                            Hey thanks buddy,
                            by the way is that a Barret on your hands on your avatar picture?

That is my second new hobby, i love fire arms, and got a couple !

Comment

• Originally posted by demon1515 View Post
                              Hey thanks buddy,
                              by the way is that a Barret on your hands on your avatar picture?

That is my second new hobby, i love fire arms, and got a couple !
                              Yes it is! It's my favorite for sure,,what a top notch weapon. It's a Barrett M99.

Comment

• Well i did a little more today on the engine, file fit rings to abuse type specs, and then got to stop cuz my only facking T45 torx bit is the broken one and can't torque down the timing chain sprocket, so bag it and till next time i got a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X