New Challenger gets Makeover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Challenger gets Makeover

I bought this 2009 6-Speed R/T as the first 6-Speed to hit Houston -- then a week later bought a SRT8 6-Speed. This car has sat for over a year with 100 miles on it. I decided to customized and drive as my main car.

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Disassemble and Wet Sand the Paint where the color change happens

Comment

Mask and prep for paint on Monday

Comment

What I'm Shooting for

Comment

Same Cadillac Metallic/Pearl Red ($900 a gallon) as my street rod below. Mary Kay Pink in the middle,and Challenger metallic black.

Comment

It will look good when it is done.
            The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

Should look good when it's done.

C.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

I dont know if its the picture angle or not but it looks like the driver side tape line isnt as curved as the passenger side. It appears straight above the body line on the upper part of the door.
                I think the color combo is going to look bada$$ on this car. Hard to believe its only got 100 miles on it!!
                75_OLOA_Duster
                75 Duster,72 F100 Custom,79 Camaro,01 Civic, 11 Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by onelapduster View Post
                  I dont know if its the picture angle or not but it looks like the driver side tape line isnt as curved as the passenger side. It appears straight above the body line on the upper part of the door.
                  I think the color combo is going to look bada$$ on this car. Hard to believe its only got 100 miles on it!!

I think it is an angle -- as I checked with a tape measure and Dallas is going to check again so that three sets of eyes verified before paint on Monday.

Comment

The soft parts were painted today

Comment

Paint and Clear yesterday

Ok -- today was Color and Clear day. Tuesday is wet sand and power buff day. Wednesday is do the front cap day, Thursday is rear cap day. Friday more wet sand and color buffing, and Monday reassemble.

The colors haven't popped yet -- the ed result will look much better than these update photos.

Comment

I had to buy another gallon of that paint today. It lists for $1025 and my discount gets it down to $850.

The guy mixing it says he's mixed paint for 20 years and never put so much pearl (red and violet) and mica (red) in a gallon of paint. Even Cadillac charges an extra $2500 if you want this color -- and its their color.

Comment

Heck, $850.00 for a gallon of paint? My whole paint jobs don't cost $850.00!
                          His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Man, my hat is off to you Dave. I don't think I could do that. The paint scheme looks really cool and the car will look great but I could never take a brand new car and paint it - unless it was wrecked.

Comment

I've confidence in this painter. He's been customizing new Cadillac Escalades for years, painted my Allante's trunk lid (when Dallas forgot the latch the hard cover and it blew off damaging it and the decklid) and Dallas' Demon years ago; the Cuda race car, and my 46 Olds recently. He'll do my truck and one of my Harleys (the 93 Heritage) next -- then on to the A-100, Plodge, 64 Imperial, 60 Plymouth post.....

He's a good painter that can't work in a big shop (Ego), and customizing Escallades is a down market right now -- so I put him on the payroll at a reasonable price. I get my paint jobs for about 1/3 a good paint shop would charge me. This is high end quality -- not an Earl Schieb/Fac-O-Bake/Maaco quality repaint. It will take him full time two weeks for this job. The Olds took 2 months because of the body work needed.

I leave to go racing in Bowling Green in about 30 minutes and the car should be ready when I get back next Wednesday.

I won't have him for ever -- but will put him to good use in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                              X