X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumper
    started a topic Off to the Body Shop

Off to the Body Shop

Dropped the Savoy off at the shop this morning. It was like leaving one of the kids at school for the first time Now starts the process of seeing just how long it takes and how it will come out. He told me "should be about two weeks" which I know in bodyman language translates to at least 4 weeks. Just hope it's not one of those 4 month deals. I stressed the importance of taping off everything well, that I didn't mind some extra labor cost to avoid having to spend hours cleaning ther darn thing back up - again!! I think that's the part that concerns me the most. Any way the process has started, for better or worse.

Here's the before pictures and I'll post the after when the day comes....

• Stumper
    replied
    Spent the afternoon cleaning up the engine bay and touching up the front of the K member that had some overspray. Tomorrow I will respray some of the rear springs that caught overspray and work in the trunk to get it back cleaned up and sprayed with splatter paint. Should be about back to normal on the underside then.

While it was at the shop I had them respray the underside of the hood and the OEM hood hinges. I really wanted to put the glass hood on the hinges after all this work. The bodyman said he mounted it up on the hinges but was afraid the hood would crack opening and closing it (without springs). He feels the hood is too weak to be on hinges... Looks like I may need to have them cut the hole on my OEM metal hood and paint it so I can have a functioning hood.

Leave a comment:

• gsmagnum
    replied
    It looks like he did a nice job.
    At least you knew what to expect on the time line. The important thing is that it got done right.

Leave a comment:

• hemibee68
    replied
    I Likee, Very nice!!

Leave a comment:

• Luftman129
    replied
    Looks pretty good!

C.

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Thats better, looks damn good!

Leave a comment:

• 270SE
    replied
    I know how you feel about the little bit of alignment that could be done. But it looks very good.

Is your '62 plate your actual assigned plate #?

Leave a comment:

• Stumper
    replied
    Sorry bout that folks, thought everyone could see the slide show link. Here is the series from before to after:

Leave a comment:

• hemibee68
    replied
    Will not allow us to view the pictures without logging into your account.
    Nice to hear the car a back home.

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    i am not able to see your pics. must be something on my end i would guess. But thats cool that you got your car back, Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Stumper
    replied
    Got the junker back yesterday. Not too bad a job overall. As always there are a few "issues" to fix and a few changes to the car that will now be with it perminently but overall it looks better than it did before the wreck. In addition to fixing the smashed sheet metal I had him block down the doors better (were pretty rippled before) and put metal in an old bondo repair. Have a few spots that need some better buffing, truck lid can be alligned better, a couple spots of overspray underneath, etc.. Here is a short picture clip start to finish.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ection=reverse
    Last edited by Stumper; 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stumper
    replied
    Hoping to see paint this week but here is a few pictures of the progression back to life so far. Next week I'll hope to add some photos of a mostly completed car.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ection=reverse

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    i can relate to the delay with the body shop stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Stumper
    replied
    The two week body shop estimate turned into two months as I suspected Bulk of the repair work and body work is done. He was supposed to spray by the end of this week ... but I expect next week. I am hoping to see it done by the end of next week.
    All of the trim was found and I have repaired and replaced all rear trim and of course the bumper. She should look better than before ...He is going to block out the dorrs for me too as they were pretty rippled from the first paint job.
    I'll try to upload some progress pictures tomorrow. Thanks for asking !

Leave a comment:

• rl78
    replied
    any updates and/or new pictures?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X