No announcement yet.

Off to the Body Shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to see paint this week but here is a few pictures of the progression back to life so far. Next week I'll hope to add some photos of a mostly completed car.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ection=reverse

Comment

Got the junker back yesterday. Not too bad a job overall. As always there are a few "issues" to fix and a few changes to the car that will now be with it perminently but overall it looks better than it did before the wreck. In addition to fixing the smashed sheet metal I had him block down the doors better (were pretty rippled before) and put metal in an old bondo repair. Have a few spots that need some better buffing, truck lid can be alligned better, a couple spots of overspray underneath, etc.. Here is a short picture clip start to finish.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ection=reverse
      Last edited by Stumper; 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM.

Comment

i am not able to see your pics. must be something on my end i would guess. But thats cool that you got your car back, Congrats!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Will not allow us to view the pictures without logging into your account.
          Nice to hear the car a back home.

Comment

Sorry bout that folks, thought everyone could see the slide show link. Here is the series from before to after:

Comment

I know how you feel about the little bit of alignment that could be done. But it looks very good.

Is your '62 plate your actual assigned plate #?
              '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Thats better, looks damn good!
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Looks pretty good!

C.
                  My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

I Likee, Very nice!!

Comment

It looks like he did a nice job.
                      At least you knew what to expect on the time line. The important thing is that it got done right.
                      The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Spent the afternoon cleaning up the engine bay and touching up the front of the K member that had some overspray. Tomorrow I will respray some of the rear springs that caught overspray and work in the trunk to get it back cleaned up and sprayed with splatter paint. Should be about back to normal on the underside then.

While it was at the shop I had them respray the underside of the hood and the OEM hood hinges. I really wanted to put the glass hood on the hinges after all this work. The bodyman said he mounted it up on the hinges but was afraid the hood would crack opening and closing it (without springs). He feels the hood is too weak to be on hinges... Looks like I may need to have them cut the hole on my OEM metal hood and paint it so I can have a functioning hood.

Comment

Working...
                        X