Off to the Body Shop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to the Body Shop

Dropped the Savoy off at the shop this morning. It was like leaving one of the kids at school for the first time Now starts the process of seeing just how long it takes and how it will come out. He told me "should be about two weeks" which I know in bodyman language translates to at least 4 weeks. Just hope it's not one of those 4 month deals. I stressed the importance of taping off everything well, that I didn't mind some extra labor cost to avoid having to spend hours cleaning ther darn thing back up - again!! I think that's the part that concerns me the most. Any way the process has started, for better or worse.

Here's the before pictures and I'll post the after when the day comes....

Hope it turns out well. It's a cool car.

Comment

2 weeks usually is 2 months minimum lol. Sorry to bring ya down but that's been my esperience with body shops. Does he do body work on the modern everyday drivers? If so, that's his bread and butter and those will be the ones that get worked on......

Comment

Ouch, so what hit the car is what I'm curious to find out?

C.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

Originally posted by Luftman129 View Post
          Ouch, so what hit the car is what I'm curious to find out?

C.
          He posted about it awhile back....might could do a search and find it if he doesn't respond soon.

Comment

Thanks Cranky, did the search but no mention of what kind of vehicle hit it. Like I remember when my dad was treating his Mercedes as a daily driver, a woman at the airport parking lot he parked it at when he went to work hit him in her truck backing out when he was driving by.

C.

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

My experiance with body shops is the same, two months would not be out of line. The good news is that they don't do regular insurance business so I don't hafta worry about it getting in front.

The car was hit by a 2004 Mitsubishi. Mine was stopped and the other doing around 50-55 mph. The Mitsubishi was totaled of course. It's really amazing the gage of the steel used on these old timers.

Comment

Good luck!

Hope all goes well and a speedy recovery

Comment

nice car, good to see that you found a decent body shop. what kind of insurance company do you have?
                  sigpic

My Garage

Comment

It was insurred by the the empty pocket insurance company ..... long story but it was not covered other than liability and no fault was determined from the accident by the police.......

Comment

I hear ya on the gauge of the steel. The bumper on the pickup that hit my dad's Mercedes was severely twisted after the accident. Whereas his car just had 2 dented doors. When you look at it today, you can't even tell that it was hit in the past.

C.

Comment

Good luck, should look great when its all fixed.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

any updates and/or new pictures?
                          sigpic

My Garage

Comment

The two week body shop estimate turned into two months as I suspected Bulk of the repair work and body work is done. He was supposed to spray by the end of this week ... but I expect next week. I am hoping to see it done by the end of next week.
                            All of the trim was found and I have repaired and replaced all rear trim and of course the bumper. She should look better than before ...He is going to block out the dorrs for me too as they were pretty rippled from the first paint job.
                            I'll try to upload some progress pictures tomorrow. Thanks for asking !

Comment

i can relate to the delay with the body shop stuff!
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X