No announcement yet.

The Runner build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodymen are a breed all there own. my 70 Runner got moved from one bodyshop to another a few weeks ago, 2yrs at a really good friend of mine's shop. were not speaking, I'm out some money, but I should have it back by the end of June! painted.

Comment

Originally posted by motomatt383 View Post
      Bodymen are a breed all there own. my 70 Runner got moved from one bodyshop to another a few weeks ago, 2yrs at a really good friend of mine's shop. were not speaking, I'm out some money, but I should have it back by the end of June! painted.

Nice friend ! Hope you get it back soon.

Hemi67s....Yep, have a few cold ones, hope everything goes well for ya. Sounds like it's going to be nice.
      The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Excellent build Hemi67s. Builds always turn out to be longer than expected,but they pay off in the end. Ask me hoe i know that LOL.
        Glad to see you're doing everything the right way,and i gotta tell you,your RR will be a very nice specimen,and all things done right when finished.
        Hats off to ya.Everything looks top notch so far.
        What rear are you putting in her,and what gear?
        sigpic
        '79 Pro-Street Volare Premiere~365~8 3/4 w 4:56
        Trans and converter W.I.P.

Just say "NO" to Meat Glue

Comment

Originally posted by dillray1 View Post
          Excellent build Hemi67s. Builds always turn out to be longer than expected,but they pay off in the end. Ask me hoe i know that LOL.
          Glad to see you're doing everything the right way,and i gotta tell you,your RR will be a very nice specimen,and all things done right when finished.
          Hats off to ya.Everything looks top notch so far.
          What rear are you putting in her,and what gear?
          Holy crap dillray you are alive!! been wondering what you been up to. Looks like i will put a Strange 60 in it. as far as the gear goes, not sure, leaning towards a 3.55 or so??? Open to anyones ideas??
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

I dropped the Runner off at the body shop this morning, Finally!! So now i will stop by their from time to time to check up on the car. He is a young guy so i am a little nervous but what the hell its going to be a driver so we will see what kind of work he does.

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
              Holy crap dillray you are alive!! been wondering what you been up to. Looks like i will put a Strange 60 in it. as far as the gear goes, not sure, leaning towards a 3.55 or so??? Open to anyones ideas??
              3.55 sounds like a good choice.
              I've still been gathering parts for my build,while battling these pesky spine problems. Spine surgery#7 looks like it's right around the corner,but i'm trying to fight it off til after Carlisle.This has affected my leg and can hardly walk,and if it's not fixed,permanent nerve damage will occur.
              Pain has got me down most of the time,and the morphine pills makes me be in la-la land most of the time,that's why i've not been on "Style" much lately.I don't want to say something really stupid,(even though i usually do when i'm normal anyway lol).
              Don't want to get off topic too much here,but again,i gotta tell ya...........
              Nice Build my friend. That's One Sweet Car!
              sigpic

Comment

Well so far the front end is almost all done, had to get the upper right side control arm fixed, and while installing the new springs one bolt broke off on the new shakles so getting the junk replaced with some real hardware. Getting the under body ready for paint once the last of the chassis issues are fixed. Today i was getting the bumper brackets, crossmember and bell housing ready so i can paint them as soon as the humidity drops. i will try and get some picures of the Runner this week if i dont lose my mind!! LOL!! still waiting for the fun to start... Oh i should have my new radiator on Thurs. or Friday. Soon i need to call summit and get about $1800 bucks in parts coming, wish that was it but as we all know thats the tip of the iceberg!

Comment

thanks for the update. it sounds like some good progress is being made.
                  sigpic

My Garage

Comment

Good for you. I know I spent over 3K on parts before my Demon left for long term body jail. LOL You nailed it on this just being the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy the fun.
                    Shawn
                    72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                    89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

What radiator did you end up getting?
                      The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                      ~Ted Nugent

Comment

I thought the Demon was really nice,and i'm now sure that this build will top the Demon.
                        Guess you made the right decision after all!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey! Before you put the K-frame back in there at least weld all along the edge of the flange. Better if you cut some of the flange off and weld the edges. It will make the K-frame a lot stiffer. I got mine welded.

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
                            What radiator did you end up getting?
                            Got an aluminum 3-row good for 800hp cooling. Its supposed to bolt right up, I will take pics. of it when it gets here.

Comment

The front end is done, new springs are on the car and all the new brake lines are run, and the steering is done. So he should start on the paint end of the job next with the under side of the Runner, then the body. I ordered all the paint today. So hopefully i can get some pictures of the body work very soon. Sure will be glad to get the Runner back so i can start putting it back together and getting ready for the engine, last i heard is going on the dyno end of this month, or so i hope!! thats it for now.

Comment

Progress is good!! :clapping:

Comment

Working...
                                X