The Runner build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
    It will be street/strip use. frame connectors are going on the car. Plan on only racing it a few times a year at Rockfalls and Greatlakes.
    I run the Muscle car races at Rockfalls but haven't made it to greatlakes yet.

Comment

I should really go to a muscle car race some time and check it out. Got some new parts today for the Runner, the Hemi springs and ingnition are here. The steering box and shaft should be in route soon. i can take some pics. tomorrow. Need to get the bat. relocation kit,fuel system,frame ties,motor mounts,and a rear end and some more junk. Body guy should be here this weekend and let me know when he can start on it,, sounds like in 2 weeks, will know for sure soon.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Think you'll be driving it this summer?
        70' Road Runner
        383 / 727 / 4.10

Comment

[QUOTE=Stew;93507]Think you'll be driving it this summer?[/QUOTE

Thats what i am hoping for.

Comment

Well here is what $459.98 buys with tax and all that crap. New ingnition and Hemi springs. Now its time for the first beer of the day, going to watch the 10.5 tire cars on speed @6:00 pm tonight, then super cross right after that. so here are some pics..

Comment

both great additions
              "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

That Runner looks pretty clean. Nice progress.
                Parts always cause sticker shock.
                What do you plan on doing for the engine? Other than the 383 hitting storage, I didn't read what you were putting in.
                The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

[QUOTE=gsmagnum;93600]That Runner looks pretty clean. Nice progress.
                  What do you plan on doing for the engine? Other than the 383 hitting storage, I didn't read what you were putting in.[/QUO

when the engine guy is done with the roundy round guys then its my turn. It will be a 440 block, looking for over 500hp. and tq, on motor with a 200 shot for the track. i will let all the details out as far as all the parts and pieces when the build starts, we are still going over some things. It will be run on the dyno so at least i can have some real numbers to show all you guys. My goal is 11.50 at the track any faster and it needs a cage. I feel certain that ET is well within reach.

Comment

[QUOTE=hemi67s;93602]
                    Originally posted by gsmagnum View Post
                    That Runner looks pretty clean. Nice progress.
                    What do you plan on doing for the engine? Other than the 383 hitting storage, I didn't read what you were putting in.[/QUO

when the engine guy is done with the roundy round guys then its my turn. It will be a 440 block, looking for over 500hp. and tq, on motor with a 200 shot for the track. i will let all the details out as far as all the parts and pieces when the build starts, we are still going over some things. It will be run on the dyno so at least i can have some real numbers to show all you guys. My goal is 11.50 at the track any faster and it needs a cage. I feel certain that ET is well within reach.
                    Don't need no laughing gas to get oto 11.50. I have my 68 roadrunner at 11.50 with the stroker motor I built. It is a 400 base stroked and bored to 500" with a Diamondback 950 on top. Damon spec's cam and worked edelbrock heads from him.

Comment

no the 200 shot is not to make the 11.50 its to see just how fast the Runner will go. you know the deal at the track when they tech you, even if you dont pass they seem to always let you run that day. so i figure let them tech it and say its a high 11 car they dont care then shake the car out and spray the crap out of it and see what it runs. Then get yelled at and go from there. LOL!

Comment

I understand that! Did the same thing with mine but no gas. I run through the exhaust to slow the car and changed the gears and tires to slow it a little. still trying to get it consistant, then speed it up a little bit at a time to get right at the 11.50. Last few runs were right at 11.70 to 11.80

Comment

Lookin good.

What did your old car run in the quarter?
                          70' Road Runner
                          383 / 727 / 4.10

Comment

10.90s i would think with a good driver it maybe would run in the 10.80s LOL! The Runner being a 4-speed will be alot more fun to race even though it will be a little slower.

Comment

A couple more parts showed up today, the manual steering gearbox, with pitman arm, and steering shaft. $128.00 total.

Comment

Nice project
                                2012 is comin! enjoy life:angel:
                                Le malade

Comment

Working...
                                X