No announcement yet.

The Runner build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We painted the door jams of course and the insides of the doors and any steel panels we could remove from the interior and the dash body color. Going to change the interior to black, so I am going for a black and blue look i guess. LOL! Figured with the windshield out time to paint the steel part of the dash. Anyway the tires are 225/70R15 up front and 275/60R15 on the rear on cop rims for the street. heres a pic. of them.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• Ran cop wheels on my Belvedere with 225-75's all the way around....yeah, the day the pic was taken had been a wet one.

Comment

• Those will look real nice on there.
        The nice thing about wheels, is if you get sick of them, they are easy enough to change.
        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Thanks, i even have the poverty/dog dish hub caps, not sure if i will put those on yet. Hey David do you still have that car?

Comment

• Found out that it is going to cost $325 or so for the parts for my trans. Parts are on the way from Passon Performance. My trans is up at my brother in laws, so its in very good hands.

Comment

• 79MAGGT --I need to talk to you about your wiring and a qustion on your rotors !?
              Hotrodheinrich@sbcglobal.net thnaks .

Comment

• If you're talking to me, yeah, I still have it. just over 21 years now and yeah, that's the one that's been on jack stands for so long lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                  If you're talking to me, yeah, I still have it. just over 21 years now and yeah, that's the one that's been on jack stands for so long lol
                  Yup was talkin to you. LOL!

Figure I need to make another list of parts for the Runner and think in the morning I will head over and see whats left on the body shop end. Thinking it will be coming home soon!
                  With winter coming soon the Runner will be going up on jack stands...Oh no!
                  Last edited by hemi67s; 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• As long as the 'Runner isn't on jack stands for 21 years, a winter stint is acceptable.
                    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                    Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Jack stands are good. I am up to six sets now. Now if people quit borrowing them I will be better off. LOL
                      Shawn
                      72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                      89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

• LOL! man I hope its just on stands during the winter! Went and checked the Runner out today, the new windshield is in and some of the steel interior parts are back on, thats about it. Asked him to see about where we are at on the money end of it. Figure i will give him some more money on Monday as its getting real close to coming home. Not looking foward to the bill, but thats part of it. LOL! I should call on my engine but i dont think much was done because they were at Monster Mopar weekend and justs got done with the Mopar Muscle engine challenge, sounds like they took second this year. Soon its Miller time and to hell with it for the day!!

Comment

• Looks like the cover for my Strange 60 will be here tomorrow sometime. Anyway Monday i stopped by the body shop to give him some more money and the Runner was outside while he cleaned his shop. So i took a couple of pics. they were taken with my phone and it was a cloudy day out. When we push it in he just started to wet sand it so i would think by now it should really look good. I havent been back to see if he has it all buffed out yet or not.

Last edited by hemi67s; 09-22-2010, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Looking real good with the glass installed.
                            Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by gsmagnum View Post
                              As long as the 'Runner isn't on jack stands for 21 years, a winter stint is acceptable.
                              I've 'had' the car for 21 years but drove it every day for 10+ years.....and yep, yours is looking good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                                I've 'had' the car for 21 years but drove it every day for 10+ years.....and yep, yours is looking good!
                                At least it is keeping those stands around the garage and not at the scrap yard. I am sure it could sit another 11 years.
                                Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X