Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Runner build.

Before we started on it..

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

started on it Thursday night and worked a little on Friday.. had a few beers,, good time!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

more pics..

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

this picture because its cool!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

thats it for now, the trans will be heading up to Ashland, the engine will not be started to be built till the road racing guys are done then the roundy round guys then me. so i will put the 383 away and leave it, its the origanal engine but its not going back in. Next i will remove a few more things and get some new leaf springs and a front end rebuild kit. then hopefully off to the body shop. So now the money part will come in to play..LOL!

Comment

Nice start. That's going to be fun! But you're right about the money thing.
      The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
      ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Yes, that is a cool pic! Looks like you are ready to get started, bumpers off and grille out. I think chrome and stainless for the Demon was around 2K. I cant say much about you selling yours because of the money thing. Keep up the work.
        Shawn
        72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
        89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

this should be fun to watch

please keep us posted
          "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

That looks like a great start. Can't wait to see more!

C.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

Looks like a cool project.
              You have a nice "garage" to work in.
              Complete with earth moving equipment.
              70' Road Runner
              383 / 727 / 4.10

Comment

Hey .50 Cal man, is that a heater in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                  Hey .50 Cal man, is that a heater in the background?
                  Yes it is, this summer it will get set up to heat the shop also. Now it heats the house and the garage. it is also used for getting rid of bodies. LOL!! Now before i go to jail, i am only kidding. it just heats the house......LOL!

Comment

Spent some money today, ingition, springs, and waiting for some prices on a front end rebuild kit, manual steering box- may just get a new pump and hoses, looks like them steering boxes are spendy. Motor mounts, call on some cop wheels tonight. Try like hell to pick out the shade of blue paint tomorrow. The Runner should be heading out to get painted in about 2 weeks or so. Battery relocation kit, fuel system, and some other little things. Will put up some pictures when the new parts start coming in. And i was planning on letting you all know every dime all this costs,, i know its more then i want to spend..

Comment

It always costs more than expected! Btw, which way is the union facing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                        It always costs more than expected! Btw, which way is the union facing?
                        The union is facing south. LOL! My goal is to spend less then the cost of a Hemi on the car. That was the first plan was to make it a Hemi clone, but that would hurt the wallet to much and drive me crazy. i need to be able to drive the thing some and race it. My head already hurts and i am just getting started, its so damn hard on where to draw the line on this build.

Comment

The union isn't supposed to point south....fix it and all your troubles will be over!

Comment

Are you building for racing? If so take the k-frame out and cut the lip back a ways and weld all around it. Take the time to weld all the body seams under there also. Frame connectors for sure. Change all the rubber parts if they are not fairly new.

Comment

It will be street/strip use. frame connectors are going on the car. Plan on only racing it a few times a year at Rockfalls and Greatlakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X