X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old_Demon
    started a topic Old Demon's Demon Build

Old Demon's Demon Build

First, a few pictures of my car before the restoration started. I bought it out of Kansas and it had a fresh 360 engine (as well as the original 340). It was a former race car that the PO put back on the street.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Turns out the "fresh" 360 wasn't running right and when I pulled the intake and heads it had major problems. After consulting with Damon at Diamondback (who has endless patience) I decided to pull it and replace it with one of Diamondback's 408's. So, since I had the engine out I decided I should have the engine bay refreshed in the color I wanted to paint it, B5.

• Cranky
    replied
    Yup...very nice car and now all you have to do is get rid of that Ford/Chevy black engine compartment. Hell, paining neked fat ladies in there would be better!

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    Thanks, appreciate it! It won best paint a couple of weeks ago at a NAPA sponsored show.

Leave a comment:

• zij576ca
    replied
    I can't believe I missed this entire car build, Old Demon. That's what I get for not paying attention. As BK and Dillray said that is one sweet ride you have there. I think you made the right choice going with the Maroon paint. Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• dillray1
    replied
    Originally posted by BK View Post
    That is the finest looking Demon I've ever seen
    I agree with BK. The finest Demon i've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Nice, car sounds good.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Yeah, the HS's are much better but the old ductile iron Isky's are pretty good too and for a lot less money. Problem is you have to search for em.....

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    I had Crane roller rockers on my engine and had problems keeping the valves set with them, so I decided to get a set of Harland Sharps and changed them this week. A world of difference in the quality the Harlands - easier to set the valves and much quieter. A couple of pics, Cranes first then the Harland Sharps.

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    Better hurry - I'm boiling two sacks today with all the fixin's. Corn, mushrooms, sausage, potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• hemisatellite
    replied
    guessin

Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
    It's crawfish season right now, come on down!
    I'ma guessin I missed the link to hear it, but crawfish sounds awful good to me! I'ma thinkin I might invent sum ole long lost relative I gotta go visit down you and Rex's way!:ROFLMAO: T-Rex tole me not long ago he ain't no cook an don't care much fer crawfish, so I'm figgerin weeze gonna be eatin at your house a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    Originally posted by ronnysplymouth View Post
    Very nice but is there a reason your idle is set so high?
    Damon suggested keeping the revs up when idling to keep from wiping the cam. It's idling about 1300 RPM.

Leave a comment:

• T-REX
    replied
    OK...Long az ya try'in!!...Lol

Ronny, he haz it idle'in like dat kuz he tellz everbody it's a stock 318, wit wo out rocker armz, and a bad vacume leek!!!!......

Leave a comment:

• ronnysplymouth
    replied
    Very nice but is there a reason your idle is set so high?

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    Originally posted by T-REX View Post
    Now, what ya gunna do bout dat ugly behind tha steer'in wheel??????........
    I've spent 61 years working on getting ugly, but for you I'll spend the next 61 trying to look better.

Leave a comment:

• 4vnut
    replied
    I like the way he did your pipes and it sounds kick-ass too. I had flowmoes on my GTX and it too was way too loud. I had resonator's installed between the rear axle and the chrome tips, sounds much better now and got rid of that awful harmonic vibrations at certain rpm's. Your car is awesome OD!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X