Old Demon's Demon Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must be going crazy,, so very close!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
      must be going crazy,, so very close!
      Yeah, just a little bit! So many details to take care of you don't think about when you start on a project.
      The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
      ~Ted Nugent

Comment

That's starting to shape along nicely. Good luck with the electrical gremlins.

C.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

the car is taking shape nicely.
          sigpic

My Garage

Comment

After weeks of hassling with wrong parts for the BeCool system I installed it today, only to learn that it is too tall. It was supposed fit, but..... Arrrggggghhhh! So I pulled it back out and we'll have to cut the radiator support to drop the radiator lower. One step forward, two steps backwards.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
            ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Wow! It's coming along tho....non stock builds are always a pain but worth the effort!

Comment

The universal mount ones are alot cheaper then the b-cool one. Any reason you went with b cool? Was it for the correct fit, stuff like that? I am thinking about just getting a lesser price uni- mount. I really dont care if i need to drill some new holes in the support. Not being a smart ass, just trying to learn from what you are going through now, because i am in the middle of my build and lossing my mind. LOL!

Comment

Hemi67, I probably went a little overboard on the setup. I wanted to try to be sure there would be no way the car would overheat and I was scared it might after starting it up and running it with the stock radiator (recored to 3 core). Plus I couldn't fit a puller fan with the recored stock radiator. I was worried about driving in traffic in 100 degrees with 90% humidity.

I looked at a lot of other systems, too, including ones that guaranteed to cool 650 HP. But when I talked to them they didn't know if it would or not and I could not get a setup with a shroud and dual fans that would fit from them. I talked to a couple of guys at work that went with the BeCool systems and they were very pleased with them, so I bit the bullet and spent the bigger bucks. I only wanted to buy a cooling system once, and I felt comfortable this would do it for me - it's guaranteed by BeCool to be good to 700 HP.

This wasn't the only issue with the setup. They first sent me the wrong radiator and I had to get it swapped out. Then they didn't include the brackets for the shroud/fans mounting but sent the wrong ones twice. I bought it through Summit so I had to go back through them each time, and they were very good. And the correct radiator and brackets had to be sent direct from BeCool, and they overnighted them both times.

I'm just disappointed that we'll have to cut the bottom of the radiator support out and lower the setup. If they had made the filler neck shorter it might have made it, but....

~Ted Nugent

Comment

So i would take it thats a 26 in. radiator, if you dont mind me asking what did that set up cost? I like the eletric fan set up.
                    Last edited by hemi67s; 05-07-2010, 09:58 PM.

Comment

This is driving me crazy!!! hurry and finish it. I can't wait any longer to see it done!
                      Looking real Good
                      Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax

Comment

The polished radiator and brackets with the plastic fan setup was just over $1,700. If you want the polished fan shroud too, I think it goes up to about $2,600. They are proud of their stuff!

~Ted Nugent

Comment

wow!! that aint cheap..

Comment

That's looking real nice!

C.
                            My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

Yesterday we cut the radiator support to get the new radiator to fit and fabbed a shield for it since the lower part of the radiator was exposed to rocks / dogs / etc. It is now installed and we also wired the fans today. But now I had to order an A/C relay kit for it - they don't tell you this crap when you buy it! A couple of pictures.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

So did you get it fired up yet? Thought you were having some electrial issues?? Or any other updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X