Old Demon's Demon Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Demon's Demon Build

First, a few pictures of my car before the restoration started. I bought it out of Kansas and it had a fresh 360 engine (as well as the original 340). It was a former race car that the PO put back on the street.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Turns out the "fresh" 360 wasn't running right and when I pulled the intake and heads it had major problems. After consulting with Damon at Diamondback (who has endless patience) I decided to pull it and replace it with one of Diamondback's 408's. So, since I had the engine out I decided I should have the engine bay refreshed in the color I wanted to paint it, B5.

The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
    ~Ted Nugent

The body was stripped first, then everything dismantled including removing the quarter panes and the frame and underside sandblasted.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

After picking up the new engine from Diamondback, I realized this thing was going to be too much for the stock frame and tires. But first, a pic of ol' Fugly hisself and Old Hippie.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
    ~Ted Nugent

Comment

First Paul relocated the springs into the frame rails to allow for wider wheels and tires.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Next was the installation of 2" x 3" tubing to connect the frames.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

The tail panel was in pretty rough shape once it was stripped and the bondo removed. We decided to wait for AMD to reproduce them and then Paul installed the new one.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

The car was also mini-tubbed. I bought 15 x 10 Weld wheels with a 5-1/2" backspace, but could have easily gone wider and at least a 6-1/2" backspace. The tires are 295-50's.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

The rear end was rebuilt (3:55 sure grip), new brakes all around (upgraded fronts to large bolt pattern), new stainless brake lines and fuel lines, etc. Everything new or refurbished.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

These are a few pictures after the drivetrain was installed.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Who was that handsome guy in the Comrade shirt?
                Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

My restorer, Paul, hates rust with a passion and goes to extraordinary lengths to replace or kill it. Here's a couple of shots of the fenders stripped, then utilizing redneck ingenuity to acid dip and kill any rust in them. One of the original fenders had too much damage from a previous wreck and had to be replaced.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Originally posted by Old Hippie View Post
                  Who was that handsome guy in the Comrade shirt?
                  I think that was some perv Damon let hang around the shop. At least that's what he told me.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

I installed Hushmat in the interior to keep the noise and heat down.

Last edited by Old_Demon; 02-21-2010, 06:08 PM.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Lots and lots of work.. Looking real fine.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Classic Air A/C installed.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Enough for now, I'll update later this week with the progress from here.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Looks real good Old Demon, keep us up to date!

Where in Kansas did you pick the car up?
                        The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Lookin good- call me some time- fone bwoke and I can't find your number
                          www.diamondbackengines.com Yes we're still open

Comment

Looks great!
                            Shawn
                            72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                            89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Looking good!

C.
                              My Karma ran over your dogma.- Unknown

Owner of post #5500,8000,33000,& the last insignificant post AND page #1000 (Thanks Khaos,UN,rad,72SC,Bblock,strzbites,6DODGE7,SRV2623 ,Trannyman,and 83ramstepside )

Comment

Working...
                              X