• Show
Clear All

• Bblock
    replied
    That's a neat project.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    We also took the body and washed all the primer off with turpentine.

Flash forward about 4 years and I have decided to take it back apart and put the 500 Inch motor that I bought from Dave that Damon built when they had DiamondBack Engines together,

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

I got the motor test fitted but pulled it back out and installed the original 440 till I get some more money for parts....

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Over the last couple of days, I got the diveshaft loop installed, rebuilt the ford 9" that I stuck in it and put in a 4.10 Detroit Locker, with Mosier axles, got the line lock installed, roll cage installed. Need to put the CalTracs on it next week as it has SEVERE wheel hop.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Painted the roll cage green today:

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Here's the 440 Mark put in...

That's Mark on the left.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Picture of the disc brakes;

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

After I got it back, we stripped the body from the frame, power washed, degreased with oven cleaner, sand blasted, stripped cleaned some more and then finally painted the frame, underside, engine, transmission and everything else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X