No announcement yet.

Building the 1955 Belvedere...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn't rained a bit here. Got my dehumidifier running...... I was done about 4:30. My back is killing me.......

It's black.

It's got a couple of clear coat runs.. 1 induced by me when I fell of the ladder and brushed my jeans across the car.
    Last edited by Trannyman; 12-09-2012, 06:35 PM.
    His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
    2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Looks great I think.
      Shawn
      72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
      89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Wow! Looks good to me. Tough job with back troubles like you have.

Comment

So far so good...at least it could be worse.
          "You're only as old as the women you feel."
          -Groucho Marx
          Moparless for now

Comment

Looks pretty good in the pics! Fell off a ladder? No wonder your back is hurting. I used to always get a strained back muscle around my left shoulder blade. Doesn't seem to happen anymore but now it's my lower right just above the waist that knocks me lately. I'm getting pretty good at using the Genie Rub massager on myself lately! Best 150 bucks I've ever spent.

Comment

Btw, what brand of paint did you use and are you going to sand out the runs and shoot it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
                Btw, what brand of paint did you use and are you going to sand out the runs and shoot it again.
                I used PPG Deltron?,,, whatever the name was. The runs are only in the clearcoat and they say you can wetsand with 1500 and buff those out. I hope so.

I took so more pictures with it out in the open shop. Don't know if I am really happy with it, but it's my first paint job and I am a picky arse so maybe after I wet sand some of the little flaws out it will look better... If your wondering, I did miss some spots, the trim covers all that up so I just left it in primer.

His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

You can take a razor blade with masking tape on each end and scrape off the clear run, but don't do it too soon cause the paint has to be cured. Also the tape will cut through fairly quickly then you will gouge to deeply.

Comment

You see the pros wet sanding so no big deal. Something to be proud of. I painted a 68 Barracuda years ago. Good old Lacqueur and damn near killed myself with not having proper ventilation. Looked okay, but a 20 footer. You did well.

Comment

• I've done some interior paint work and it turned out great but the only exterior stuff I've done turn out crappy...shot it way too dry I think and it was dull as can be but it stayed on the car lol. It was acrylic enamel. One good about clear is you can put more coats on and then make it really glossy with sanding. I did it with our Durango after someone put some scratches on the hood and I used the Dakota as a test pig before going after the Durango.

Comment

• Looks nice,, less beer when painting will help prevent falls from ladders. LOL!!
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

• lol... I guess I should have said slipped. I landed on my feet but my pants leg barely hit the side of the car when I landed.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

• Arrrrgggh....... Painting sux. Trying to put the car back together, nobody makes the correct trim clips anymore. Thinking about just pulling a Boyd and gluing the trim back on the car. This thing is kicking my ass...... I need another tasty beverage.
                            2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

• Know what ya mean bud, know when I was putting my dart back together ,I scratched my head a few times...lol and always the little parts that get ya.
                              340 Swinger

Comment

• Any new pictures? And it was the small stuff when I had my Coronet.
                                "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                                -Groucho Marx
                                Moparless for now

Comment

Working...
                                X