Clear All

• BK
    replied
    I see your problem

You don't have a monkey!

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Yeah, the older cars suck when it comes to removing trim pieces. Even on my 66 Belvedere I needed to remove the C pillar interior parts and head liner to get to the trim nuts at the base of the C pillar where it meets the quarter panel.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Worked on striping some more trim off of the car, man what a PITA. That trim has hidden bolts behind hidden plates. Had to strip the interior out to get to some of the windshield trim.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Also got to figure out what to do with the mirrors. They bolt onto the front fender, Just about totally useless. You can't adjust them inside the car. Thinking about filling the holes and putting them on the door like a Chevy.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Got most of the car in primer now. I was really surprised how good my patch panel came out along with the rocker panel piece that I Frankensteined in there. Got to strip the hood and roof and then still fix the RF Fender .. It's coming along.
    Pictures later.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Well That's different.......

Primed the 1/4, doors and trunk lid this morning. Wasn't anything like on TV......Wasn't anything like I expected. I put on three coats and used 3 pints... I can still see through the primer.. It has a LOT of orange peel

after it dries I am going to block sand it and see if I have any imperfections. I see one already after that I am going to scuff it up and reshoot some more.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I'm kinda used to mine not having doors on it lol

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Looking better...You'll be happier knowing it is done correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    What a pain in the arse......I hate body work.

Was going to try and prime the 1/4 panel this weekend but the weather was chit, to windy.

I decided to remove the door at repair it while off the car... This is either the smartest or dumbest thing I have done so far, It sure makes it easier than trying to fix all that bottom of the door.

I think I got the 1/4 close enough to prime...

looks funky without the door..

Leave a comment:

• Furious65
    replied
    Absolutely awesome car and build! I wish we saw more of the old 50's and older Mopars on the forums. One day I hope I can get myself one as well. My dream is a '57 Fury but that is a pipe dream right now.
    Last edited by Furious65; 09-07-2012, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rob R
    replied
    Cool car..!!

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    That does sound impressive!

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Actually I was kind of impressed with the last bondo job, That car had a 1970ish inspection sticker on it when I bought it, That repair, although not driven, has lasted over 30 years and probably closer to 40-50 years and they put the bondo over the old paint. When I ground it out it was paint, primer, bondo, paint, primer...

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I'm slow at body work too and think it's mainly because I want it to be perfect. Very thin filler is ok but I try to get to where I use none and end up over working the metal.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    I knocked some of it out and working on it now. I suck at body work, it always comes out okay, just takes me forever. I went yesterday and bought 40 sheets of sandpaper.
    Last edited by Trannyman; 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GTSDave
    replied
    You can probably use a stud welder and pull most of that off to where you will need little or no filler. Fugly can tell you, it works!

-Dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X