Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trannyman
    replied
    Well the whole dash is out. If nothing else comes of this at least my wife will finally be able to prove that I have gone crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I take it the part where you said you should be honored wasn't sarcastic.... :clapping:

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Well I guess I could tell her to "shove off, I am working" and she would leave me alone. She doesn't nag me to do her chores or try to stop me from what I am doing. I get a lot done on my cars and she puts up with it and me, I guess I should be honored to spend time with her.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
    Not really, but being sociable eats up a lot of time. When I am alone I can bury myself into what I am doing and not look up. When she is home, she cooks breakfast which I am expected to go in the house and eat with them... and then she fixes lunch... and then it's "lets go to the movie"..
    Well, then she does play a part in what you 'get' to do on your toys lol Yeah, I get the same thing. I hate it when she has the 'evening' meal ready and it's around 6:30 or so and it's finally getting cool enough to work up until the skeeters get too bad to stay out any longer...which is usually around 8pm here. I'm about to quit in about 10 minutes to go in and clean up because she wants to go to a money management seminar and eat a free fisherman's platter at Monument Inn. And for those that get an idea to hit my place while I'm gone...don't bother. There will be someone here

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cranky View Post
    So, your wife plays a big part in what you get done on your toys too eh :angel:
    Not really, but being sociable eats up a lot of time. When I am alone I can bury myself into what I am doing and not look up. When she is home, she cooks breakfast which I am expected to go in the house and eat with them... and then she fixes lunch... and then it's "lets go to the movie"..

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
    She is splitting town this weekend so I should be able to get the rest of the paint off, primer the car and get the dash out and apart.
    So, your wife plays a big part in what you get done on your toys too eh :angel:

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Well, didn't get as much accomplished as I hoped but I did get the rest of the car in primer and started blocking it out with 400 grit. Looks pretty good, (to me)

Hopefully pull out the dash this week and start on it.

So far I have used 2 (yea two) gallons of primer. I am sure I am sanding most of it back off (?)... but I talked to a couple of painters who told me that I should not be able to see any shadows of the filler and to just keep spraying till they are gone. So it's got probably four coats on it. I am going to block it all out with 400 and then test paint the roof in white...

It's color choice time, I have never noticed a trim plate or paint codes on the car but judging by the colors under the top trim for the top and behind the doors it looks like it was originally Miami Blue (or maybe Tampa Turquoise) with a Largo Green Top... Yuk.......I got to find something better. I am still thinking maybe two tone with a white roof and maybe seamist green on the bottom.......hmmmm....
    Last edited by Trannyman; 10-07-2012, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Man I really want that thing back together by spring. She is splitting town this weekend so I should be able to get the rest of the paint off, primer the car and get the dash out and apart.

I got a b.i.l. with a paint booth.......well he ain't much for repaying favors but I am hoping I can talk him into using his booth.

Leave a comment:

• speeddemon
    replied
    I bet she is, and my wife is thinking the same about my cuda.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    After a victorious Texans game, I got back home and took the rest of the trim, bumpers and lights off the car.

Poor thing It's looking really sad.

I have gone this far..........
    When I bought the car it had a spare complete dash in the trunk. I believe it got stolen when my metal storage building got broken into,

From the looks of it, you just unbolt the whole dash and it can come out.

So I think I am going to try and pull the whole dash also and repaint it along with all the interior pieces.

For those of you that gamble, I think my wife is giving odds that it will never get back together and I now have a garage full of scrap metal

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Originally posted by BK View Post

Monkeys are mean drunks
    LOL!!! I will fight that monkey.:ROFLMAO:

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    dang if I had a Monkey, he could be the look out and I wouldn't need mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
    Man would I love to drink beer with a monkey. Do you need the side mirror's pur state law? If not I would loose them. But that's just me,,I like clean, less is more and a twin turbo big block! LOL!

Monkeys are mean drunks

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Man would I love to drink beer with a monkey. Do you need the side mirror's pur state law? If not I would loose them. But that's just me,,I like clean, less is more and a twin turbo big block! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Fugly
    replied
    Why not get some remote mirrors and leave them on the fender

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Painted the engine compartment and stripped the dash yesterday, rebuilt guage cluster and put dash and cluster back in today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X