X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neat project, almost there.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments.
      I got that Quincey from Northern Tool, It's a two stage 175psi one but for now I dialed it back to run up to 140. I have been looking for a regulator also. I bought a Northern Tool regulator but it is a Piece of crap so I am returning it.

That putty I got just for the scratches in the Metal Glaze, I will check tomorrow and get something different. I haven't used much of it so it should be easy to get it out. I don't need problems..
      His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
      2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I got my Quincy from Northern Tool as well. Had it for about 3 years now and love it. I had tried a couple of different regulators so far, and none hold up to the higher pressure. Like you I ended up dialing it back. It is the first compresser I have had that cycles off when I am painting with an HVLP gun. All the others seemed to need to run constantly.

AJ Foyt or Davis Brothers in Rosenberg should both have quality polly putty on the shelf.

-Dave
        Please Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way!

Comment

That's wasn't on the CarFax

I knocked some paint off the rear 1/4. Seen some old bondo, Guess it had been sideswiped at one time.
          On Damon's suggestion I Ground it all off...

That's how deep the bondo is...........

His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

You can probably use a stud welder and pull most of that off to where you will need little or no filler. Fugly can tell you, it works!

-Dave
            Please Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way!

Comment

I knocked some of it out and working on it now. I suck at body work, it always comes out okay, just takes me forever. I went yesterday and bought 40 sheets of sandpaper.
              Last edited by Trannyman; 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM.
              2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I'm slow at body work too and think it's mainly because I want it to be perfect. Very thin filler is ok but I try to get to where I use none and end up over working the metal.

Comment

Actually I was kind of impressed with the last bondo job, That car had a 1970ish inspection sticker on it when I bought it, That repair, although not driven, has lasted over 30 years and probably closer to 40-50 years and they put the bondo over the old paint. When I ground it out it was paint, primer, bondo, paint, primer...
                  2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

That does sound impressive!

Comment

Cool car..!!

Comment

Absolutely awesome car and build! I wish we saw more of the old 50's and older Mopars on the forums. One day I hope I can get myself one as well. My dream is a '57 Fury but that is a pipe dream right now.
                        Last edited by Furious65; 09-07-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

What a pain in the arse......I hate body work.

Was going to try and prime the 1/4 panel this weekend but the weather was chit, to windy.

I decided to remove the door at repair it while off the car... This is either the smartest or dumbest thing I have done so far, It sure makes it easier than trying to fix all that bottom of the door.

I think I got the 1/4 close enough to prime...

looks funky without the door..
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Looking better...You'll be happier knowing it is done correctly.
                            "You're only as old as the women you feel."
                            -Groucho Marx
                            Moparless for now

Comment

I'm kinda used to mine not having doors on it lol

Comment

Well That's different.......

Primed the 1/4, doors and trunk lid this morning. Wasn't anything like on TV......Wasn't anything like I expected. I put on three coats and used 3 pints... I can still see through the primer.. It has a LOT of orange peel

after it dries I am going to block sand it and see if I have any imperfections. I see one already after that I am going to scuff it up and reshoot some more.

2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
                                X