Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfettered
    replied
    So far so good...at least it could be worse.

Leave a comment:

• Bblock
    replied
    Wow! Looks good to me. Tough job with back troubles like you have.

Leave a comment:

• speeddemon
    replied
    Looks great I think.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Hasn't rained a bit here. Got my dehumidifier running...... I was done about 4:30. My back is killing me.......

It's black.

It's got a couple of clear coat runs.. 1 induced by me when I fell of the ladder and brushed my jeans across the car.
    Last edited by Trannyman; 12-09-2012, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Humidity is kinda high today, isn't it? Heck, it's been raining over here off and on all day....

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    painting today............... Judging by the skill... I think this is going to fall into the "well I tried" category........

The dash and all the little pieces came out so nice... ? Maybe because it's so large that without clear.... Who knows... 30 minutes to the clear goes on.. that will be the final tale.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

One coat of clear... I am a hopin it's the lights.......

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I'm having back issues lately too after working on them damn trees which I'm still not done with but now I'm working on fixing a sampler for an inspection company at Exxon. Machined a stainless steel adapter and will attempt to weld it all together tomorrow. $$$$ The youngest will be over to finish taking the rest of the Coronet apart and I'm going to show her how to use the plasma cutter. She doesn't know it yet Take care of that back....it doesn't get better much but it sure can get worse in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Well, It's started... Black it is. Door Jams, dash and valance painted. Thanks to Damon for coming over and giving me a few pointers (alright, showing me how) for painting. Got it mostly sanded, building the spray booth tomorrow and Hopefully paint on Sunday... Probably won't happen as my back has given out. MRI yesterday... Herniated Disc.... sciatic nerve... freakin hurts.

Crappy Pictures:

Last edited by Trannyman; 12-07-2012, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I like the 55 Plymouth blue too but really need to see it in person....

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Out of those colors I like the 55 Plymouth one the best.

Leave a comment:

• Magnumguy
    replied
    I always liked a color that 57 Dodges had, it was "Coral". It looked awesome w/black. So so 50's.

Leave a comment:

• Fugly
    replied
    Desoto

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
    I didn't think flat black was that hard of a color to get. LOL!!!!
    LOl.. I have bounced back and forth more than a ping pong ball trying to figure out what color. Black would still be neat, but I think I am going for a different color. I got a couple of samples from the paint store.......
    1955 Plymouth Light Blue... WTHeck? I think someone got the formula mixed up... looks way better in the photo.

1953 Chevy SeaFoam Green.. I think a little too lite on the green.

1957 Desoto SeaFoam Green.... I like it.. white top... whatcha think?

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

another shot of the 57 Desoto green...the first one is more of the real color.

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    I didn't think flat black was that hard of a color to get. LOL!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    What a painting nightmare. I have been working for at least two weeks trying to get paint. I tracked down all the original codes, and even got the paint numbers.. all of which PPG says doesn't exist. I went down today and picked colors out of the Paint stores color books,(From the 50's) they cross referenced the paint numbers via PPG color library to get the correct formula and mixed the paint... It's nowhere close..

I ordered some paint samples off of ebay today, hopefully the samples havent faded to much and they can color match it..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X