Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bblock
    replied
    Looks great. Something to be proud of and worth all the hard work. And expense

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Lookin good! To me, the prep work is the pita....

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    Looking good! Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Well, Here it is in it's present state......

I still got a ton of work to do., But I feel that if I can get the outside together, I can get a little breather. The trim is killing me. A lot of the clips broke when I took them off. Nobody makes them. I had to make some myself. After searching thru dozens of pages on ebay, I think I found some push in type clips that I can modify and make work for the dozen or so blind holes.

I ahev painted the dash, and finally decided on the color of the dash insert and a color scheme for the interior.

I will probably never paint another car. It just doesn't make financial sense (or cents). We are doing the patch panels on my kids Studebaker truck, but the paint I am farming out. Even if I spend 3k on a paint job, for the amount of time it takes and the costs of the materials, I can go mow yards and come out ahead.

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    Any new pictures? And it was the small stuff when I had my Coronet.

Leave a comment:

• mopars0
    replied
    Know what ya mean bud, know when I was putting my dart back together ,I scratched my head a few times...lol and always the little parts that get ya.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Arrrrgggh....... Painting sux. Trying to put the car back together, nobody makes the correct trim clips anymore. Thinking about just pulling a Boyd and gluing the trim back on the car. This thing is kicking my ass...... I need another tasty beverage.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    lol... I guess I should have said slipped. I landed on my feet but my pants leg barely hit the side of the car when I landed.

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Looks nice,, less beer when painting will help prevent falls from ladders. LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I've done some interior paint work and it turned out great but the only exterior stuff I've done turn out crappy...shot it way too dry I think and it was dull as can be but it stayed on the car lol. It was acrylic enamel. One good about clear is you can put more coats on and then make it really glossy with sanding. I did it with our Durango after someone put some scratches on the hood and I used the Dakota as a test pig before going after the Durango.

Leave a comment:

• Bblock
    replied
    You see the pros wet sanding so no big deal. Something to be proud of. I painted a 68 Barracuda years ago. Good old Lacqueur and damn near killed myself with not having proper ventilation. Looked okay, but a 20 footer. You did well.

Leave a comment:

• hemibee68
    replied
    You can take a razor blade with masking tape on each end and scrape off the clear run, but don't do it too soon cause the paint has to be cured. Also the tape will cut through fairly quickly then you will gouge to deeply.

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cranky View Post
    Btw, what brand of paint did you use and are you going to sand out the runs and shoot it again.
    I used PPG Deltron?,,, whatever the name was. The runs are only in the clearcoat and they say you can wetsand with 1500 and buff those out. I hope so.

I took so more pictures with it out in the open shop. Don't know if I am really happy with it, but it's my first paint job and I am a picky arse so maybe after I wet sand some of the little flaws out it will look better... If your wondering, I did miss some spots, the trim covers all that up so I just left it in primer.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Btw, what brand of paint did you use and are you going to sand out the runs and shoot it again.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Looks pretty good in the pics! Fell off a ladder? No wonder your back is hurting. I used to always get a strained back muscle around my left shoulder blade. Doesn't seem to happen anymore but now it's my lower right just above the waist that knocks me lately. I'm getting pretty good at using the Genie Rub massager on myself lately! Best 150 bucks I've ever spent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X