Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK
    replied
    The drivetrain, everything under the hood, bumpers, gas tank, exhaust, head lights, tail lights, and trim was stripped off the car -- and it was sent to the painter.

more to follow

Leave a comment:

• BK
    started a topic Building the 81 Imperial

Building the 81 Imperial

My brother bought this 81 Imperial for his wife in 1985, and she wanted it painted white -- and he does as he's told lol

The 318 EFI in the car gave them nothing but problems, leaving her stranded often. In 1987, the car had 20,000 miles on it and we traded straight up for a 67 Newport Convertible I'd had since the 70s.

the 67 Newport Vert I traded for the Imperial. My daughter is now 28,. I wish I still had the 67 SS fastback too!

I replaced the air cleaner mounted computer and drove the car until the big Ice Storm/freeze we had here in Houston in January 1990 -- when I had no oil pressure on the car when starting it one cold morning. The car had 24,000 miles. I was flat broke from being unemployed for three months and hocking everything to start my company NDR (which I later sold in 1998). I parked the car in my barn until 2004, when I moved to Stately Schultz Manor -- and moved the car to an airplane hanger.

In 2000, I'd been semi-retired for a year and half and decided I wanted to restify this car as a street/strip car - and bought it to my shop. Below are the photos of the car when I started tearing it apart.

Working...
X