Building the 81 Imperial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Imp View Post
    Love those Imp's! I also have an 81. Mine had the DIY EFI to carb conversion. Mine can be seen in FFMJBO photo gallery under "My imp" mine is a 360, 904, 8 1/4. What wiring harness did you use? If you look at mine in the photo, it looks like a plate of "Mama Mia's" spaghetti! I plan to install subframe conn's & torque boxes, solid crossmember mounts, a crossmember from an 85 Gran Fury cop car complete with HD steering, P/S cooler, 727 w/extra cooler, etc.. I also will use the firm feel steering box. I have been reading up on whether to convert to rack & pinion vs recirculating ball. One nobody has done a side by side on anything remotely close to an 81 Imperial. I would like to have a reliable, quick, well mannered car. I feel our vintage Mopars outshine anything on the planet as far as looks. Is it too much to ask for to have one that can run, brake, & handle as well as anything out there? Anywhere I drive my car, it draws a crowd. Everyone has an Imperial story to tell you. Drive yours a while & see the love people have for these forgotten beauties. There, I'm getting off my soapbox, & going to bed. Thank you, Larry

Thanks, Larry! As a longtime Mopar copcar driver, I see no reason your car couldn't handle, brake, and outrun anything on the road today, with the proper mods! And I see no reason to go to rack and pinion (but I'm oldschool), as the firmfeel box with the proper shocks, and beefed up frame should handle well. The Mopar police package was a good one, and far different from the civilian grocery-getter!

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Originally posted by BK View Post
    In addition to the dash no longer working -- the the motor now has a knock.

Is this the "new" 360 with 1000 mi.?? I guess I missed that before.....duh!

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
      Thanks, Larry! As a longtime Mopar copcar driver, I see no reason your car couldn't handle, brake, and outrun anything on the road today, with the proper mods! And I see no reason to go to rack and pinion (but I'm oldschool), as the firmfeel box with the proper shocks, and beefed up frame should handle well. The Mopar police package was a good one, and far different from the civilian grocery-getter!

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Is this the "new" 360 with 1000 mi.?? I guess I missed that before.....duh!
      Fixed both
      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Working...
      X