Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    It ain't the Imperial , but damn ! that's nice . Aren't the rear fenders suppose to be removable ?

Leave a comment:

• rlsbee
    replied
    That's a really nice car. I've always liked them. There is one of 'em sitting under a carport near a school that I work at. I doesn't look too bad. I might have to stop and see if it's for sale, after seeing what you did.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Originally posted by gn300 View Post
    This ones done whats next?
    46 Olds got painted yesterday

Color is six coats of Challenger metallic black, three coats of Mary Kay Pink, and three coats of Cadillac Metallic Peal Red.

First of many coats of clear

Door pontoons and dash today, bumpers on Friday, wet sanding over the weekend, reassembly Monday. These photos were taken by an iPhone -- the car really looks great.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Originally posted by QMopar View Post
    I'm about to do the same thing to my 83 Imperial but I'm going with a full MPFI Magnum / 518 (actually 46RH) swap from a 94 Dodge 1 ton van. I'd like to have it done this summer. Did you keep the stock 727 and 8 1/4?

Yours looks great,

~Q
    I could have sworn the transmission was a 904 and no I didn't keep it. I did keep the 8 1/4" rearend that I rebuilt and painted before finding the 8 3/4.

Leave a comment:

• Hemi Metal
    replied
    That is a great car and a great job done. A truly originally styled car.

Have only recently discovered this model when doing some research on Mopars of this era. From what I have read they had some interesting editions of this car such as the FS Blue but it seems that the EFI system gave alot of problems. You would think after the problems they had with the Electro-Jector engines in DeSotos over twenty years earlier that they would have been able to build reliable EFI.

I was wondering if this model had a 360cid as an option and if anyone has successfully run a factory EFI system in their Imperial?

Leave a comment:

• QMopar
    replied
    Cool

I'm about to do the same thing to my 83 Imperial but I'm going with a full MPFI Magnum / 518 (actually 46RH) swap from a 94 Dodge 1 ton van. I'd like to have it done this summer. Did you keep the stock 727 and 8 1/4?

Yours looks great,

~Q

Leave a comment:

• rl78
    replied
    the car looks great and the crate engine sets it apart from any other. i'd fill up the tank and take a road trip. then let the smiles and memory of days gone by flow.

Leave a comment:

• gn300
    replied
    This ones done whats next?

Leave a comment:

• shelbyzguy
    replied
    thats one sharp ride

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Te,,,,,,ll ya what . Let me drive it for ya . I'll take real good care of it , and send ya pics monthly on it well being . What'd ya say to that ?:ROFLMAO:

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Finished

Sadly I never drive the car and should sell it.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Dual Exhaust (Flowmasters, X-pipe, and high flow cats), wheels, finish interior

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Under the hood

March Serpentine polished Billet Pullies and polished Sandin AC.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Parts ordered:

400hp 360 motor - pump gas

Le Carrera Steering Wheel

Chrome rechromed

17" Wheels

\

Spitfire Ty-Y headers

CRT Street Strip Trans and PTC Convertor

Back from paint

Replaced 8.25" rear with 8.75 with Suregrip 741 from 68 Charger, and 3.55:1 gears. New Gas Tank and sending unit.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Keep them coming ! Gives inspiration .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X