No announcement yet.

Building the Demon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car raced to a lesser extent for the next couple of years and then in 2008 yet another new engine (Diamondback 408 with Indy 360 heads & Intake); new transmission with billet drum, modified pump, hardened gears, bolt in sprag, Griner valvebody, and other high end race transmission parts; low mount Nippon alternator; new PPP shifter.

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Next came the rear disc brakes, CSR billet water pump, and wiring in relays for the trans cooler fan, water pump and radiator fan.

Comment

Since the new engine, transmission, brakes,... the Car was raced 7 times since in 2009, in NMCA's Nostalgia Muscle Car class, where Dallas took 3rd place (while missing one of the eight events) and was NMCA's Rookie of the Year.

While the car with a power tune and running on the ragged edge is capable of low 10s in the quarter -- it was short-shifted for a consistent 11.00 in the B/NMC class and low maintenance/high durability.

Comment

The car is currently for sale (Looking for $25K -- but might take $20K if waived in front of my nose) as Dallas is now running Nostalgia Super Stock. It is a quality car that has had no expense spared. Everything was done with the goal of Safety first, consistency, and durability. It can easily be converted to Street/Strip or True Street Racer. It would cost me over $40,000 to find a decent Demon, do all of the paint and body, cage it and connect the subframes, do the interior and wiring, set up the suspension, install true race motor and transmission with the parts used, and all of the other top shelf parts (wheels, shifter, .....) you see done in this thread.

Someone wanting to buy a proven car ready to race with mostly new parts, at consistent 10-second speeds that are virtually bullet-proof -- this is the car. It is good for the experienced racer not wanting to build a car or always have to wrench on it -- or slow it down (take out some throttle cable and shift at 5500 RPM instead of 7000 RPM) for the new racer wanting the ability to go faster as he gets better.

Comment

10-Second Demon For Sale - Mopar Style Free Classified Ads

As the ad states -- I'll also pull the engine, transmission and driveshaft and sell as a roller for $13000

Comment

Great build and a great car for the money.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

I guess Dallas must have gotten the grades way up...good job on both accounts!

Comment

Working...
                X