No announcement yet.

17 years in waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least you are still plugging away at it. Good for you.
    Shawn
    72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
    89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Cool! I know you have alot to do yet but do you have a date you would like to see the body end of the build done by? Also how wide are your rear rims on your Runner? I am sure we talk about it at the track but i cant remember. LOL!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

way back when

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
        Cool! I know you have alot to do yet but do you have a date you would like to see the body end of the build done by? Also how wide are your rear rims on your Runner? I am sure we talk about it at the track but i cant remember. LOL!
        I'm not sure the year of your RR, mine was a 68. Way back when at the time I was still next to broke all the time and living with mom and dad (the ONLY way I could afford parts for the RR), I had 15x10 fenton aluminums on the rear with 13x31wx15's on them. as you can imagine what that was like, nuttin worked right. I had a guy walk up to me at the local track and tell me he could BUILD me better wheels. I thought, why not?, can't afford Welds or tricks anytime soon, so I said ok. He said for me to bring him 2 straight steel wheels, so I did. Took him 15x7 wheels, he lathe turned off the inside beads, then welded on 5" wide bands (ON the back side mind ya) trued them on the lathe, then welded the beads back on, for $40 each. My springs were already moved in and tubbed too and had a SLIGHT rub on the inside. We put 1/2" flat washers on the studs, rub all gone! The moral of the story is, with the right mods and a little common sense (god help ya there):ROFLMAO:you CAN get as large as 15x33w tires under there on 12" wheels offset correctly! Once I figure out all this photo crap, I'll post some of the rear end mods and builds from an era long ago!
        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
          I have 10 x 15's on there with I think 5 1/4" backspace? No mods to the car had to put a spacer under one wheel and one side rubbed but not the other.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Got some pictures;

Last edited by hemibee68; 03-05-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Nice work Glenn!

Comment

I forgot to answer your question as to when I wanted to get the body off to a shop. MAY 2011. It however, looks as though it may be well after that!!

Comment

Well Glenn if it helps my Runner is over a year in its build and my damn engine will be 11 months on the 12th. If it was easy everyone would do it! LOL!

Comment

Well I have to tell. I have moved the bee asside once again. I have to do some repair work on another car so that I can try to reduce the project that I have here. I want to sell the 59 coronet so we have that money to put into the bee. The 59 need a lot of work to get it ready. Both rocker panels are rusted and were repaired with galvanized tin and bondo. Part of the floor is gone and the trunk pan needs to be repaired.

Comment

That sucks, but I can totally understand how it goes. Thats why I sold my Demon was to help fund the Runner. Sure miss that car. Guess now will be looking at your Runner soon to get it ready for spring. That is if frickin spring ever shows up!

Comment

• I thought by now for sure I'd be working on my car but I still have a ton of junk in the way. Placed another ad on Craigslist yesterday to try and get rid of more steel and have had a few calls.

On the subject of wheels....done a few myself but I like to remove the ring and weld on a new one or one from another wheel. Several years ago I wanted some 15x8 rally wheels for my 71 Cuda and found a pair of the white spoke wagon wheels that were 8" wide and took some 14" rally wheels that had bent rings and cut the rings off on both sides of the centers. The painted rally wheels use the same size center on both 14 and 15" wheels and if you leave the center part of the ring still welded to the center, it fit perfectly into the new wheel ring. Also, my Cuda was different from side to side too and had heard that same problem from others even with cars that have never been wrecked so I did some checking before welding up the wheels and made them a custom fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by hemibee68 View Post
                        Well I have to tell. I have moved the bee asside once again. I have to do some repair work on another car so that I can try to reduce the project that I have here. I want to sell the 59 coronet so we have that money to put into the bee. The 59 need a lot of work to get it ready. Both rocker panels are rusted and were repaired with galvanized tin and bondo. Part of the floor is gone and the trunk pan needs to be repaired.
                        Just painted the last of this project yesterday. Now nothing else looks right with the new paint So how much more do you do? The headliner is really in poor condition, don't touch it or you have a hole, The carpet of course is bad because of the rusted out floor under it? Door panels etc where do you stop?

Comment

• My headliner was all there but the stitching was dry and before long, it was hanging so out it came and same for the floor mats. The car came with all rubber mat and it was dry and cracking so it came out too. Drove the car like that for many years before I tore it all down.

Comment

• Thats the problem is when to stop. You are just going to sell it maybe see if anyone is interested in it now. If you make it to nice you wont want to sell it, or have more money into it then you can get out of it. That is my problem, i was looking at the Runner and thinking the chrome wasnt really nice on the bumpers, so i get glass ones, then i see the turnsignal boxes didnt look the best so take them apart,prime and paint. LOL!!! It just never ends Glenn!!! Let us know what you decide to do.

Comment

• update?

Comment

• Originally posted by nonstick View Post
                                update?
                                I have to say that the Bee is parked in storage for now. I will move it back to work stall when I get the road runner out of the way and running. That I hope will be very soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X