No announcement yet.

17 years in waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just discovered a very suttle bend in my donor car tail light panel. The right side has been hit from the bottom just at the inside end of where the tail light ends. There is a brace that runs from the bottom panel up to the taillight housing connected there and then to the top rail of the trunk lip. The trunk lip is not moved but the end of the taillight is pushed up enough to make a light dimple on the rear of the panel. I am not sure how to push it back down, but I am going to try. I guess I will take the brace off and straighten the parts then put it back together.

I do plan to pull the heads yet.

Comment

I think i know the brace you are talking about. Thats sucks..So I guess the brace on your builder car is also messed up?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

If you cant get it straightened out let me know i think i know of a donor car 5 miles from me i could get the parts,,if he still has it.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

This is the brace!

The dent is the change in reflection around the taillight housing mount;

Last edited by hemibee68; 01-16-2011, 10:57 PM. Reason: If you look closely at the braces in the picture the closer one is straighter than the far one.

Comment

Comment

I guess i did not know you had the Superbee taken that far apart. There will be alot of hours put into the car for sure.

Comment

I have not spent as much time on the car as I need to in order to get it done. I do have a lot of the paint removed but still a long way to go. I do have to repair or repace the outer wheel wells. I managed to destroy my camera and have some other bills that come before replacing it. I will get another soon so I can continue with the pictures. I managed to spend a lot more time on the car this weekend so I can see more progress. I see progress pictures from Super Freak and I am amazed with the work done there and I think "if only" I had some of those metal working skills. WOW!!Thanks for the inspiration. :clapping:

Comment

Man, when I see the rear wheel houses on these cars I cringe at the thought mine are so small. I really like my 66 but I would like to have a 68-70 B post car. Oh well. I'm still working on getting rid of stuff but it's going slower than I had hoped for but now at least I have a my back car port cleaned up enough that I can work on something if needed and soon, I can work on my car....but now I have a gear job to do on my 2500. The gears have been a bit noisy for some time now and it's getting to the point I need to do something with them.

Comment

Cherry picker?

Did you ever get a cherry picker for engine install?........Hell of a lot easier than a front end loader.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by texoutsider View Post
                    Hell of a lot easier than a front end loader.

M.
                    Well, that's one way to drop it in!
                    The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                    ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by texoutsider View Post
                      Did you ever get a cherry picker for engine install?........Hell of a lot easier than a front end loader.

M.
                      I do have a cherry picker and an overhead hoist, but just wanted to quickly remove the old, done it so many times never had a problelm before. Got caught up with.

Comment

I have dropped engines in both ways. I don't recall it being much worse with the JD A and a loader than with a Cherry picker.
                        The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                        Ronald Reagan

Comment

20 ton picker?

Comment

I also have used in the past a fork lift, chain hoist, tractor loader, and one time myself a 3 buddies used and big steel bar and some chain. LOL!! Although at that time we were all very young. LOL!

Comment

Making progress, got most of the body paintless and most of the rust (surface) removed. Replaced the bent parts of the floor from where PO had installed different seats. Started welding the body seams and getting ready to install some new sheetmetal. Got to go get some more vise grips and cleco fasteners so I can preassemble the parts. I don't have near as many clamps as I saw AMD use to assemble the charger they did. At least I have made some progress. :angel:

Comment

Any progress is good!
                                The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                                ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Working...
                                X