No announcement yet.

17 years in waiting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a cool project hemibee , .....keep us updated.
    The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

I have a short report. I have the car taken apart except for the engine and trans. What I have found so far is not so bad, except for the front of the left frame rail under the battery is rusted through both sides about 8 or 10 inches gone but iI have the parts to fix it. It needs all of the floor pans replaced and I found that the rear panel between the taillights is also rusted. The window tracks below the vent window were both missing the bottom brackets.

The good news is that there is not any rust through around the windshield and the doors are not rusty. Both front fenders have some damage but should be repairable no rust. There are a couple extra holes in the firewall but repairable. The bell housing is not an original, it is an aftermarket scattershield type. The oil from the transmission has a lot (LOT) of metal in it, I'm guessing it has some broken parts in there? The oil from the engine was like new but I'm guessing it was changed just before the car was parked. The rear diff yoke was broken with bolts drilled all the way through with a nut on the back.

Comment

That damn rust is such a pain. But it can be fixed. I broke off one of my bolts in the yoke on my Runner, plan on running a different rear end anyway. Still going to get a different yoke and put it on my old rearend.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

nice 69 bee, 383 4sp n96 with manual steering. i am so jealous.
          on your radio i knew you are looking for a am/8 track but will this one work for you?

sigpic

My Garage

Comment

rl73 the radio I need is a thumbwheel radio! Thanks for looking out for me. If I do not find the radio and the dash I need it will get more custom parts than usual. I will build it the way I want.

Comment

That will be a beautiful car when done and is one of my favorites. Keep us posted hemibee.
              stercus accidit

Comment

Got a truckfull of sheet metal yesterday, so now its on to remove the old stuff, and stick in some new stuff. :clapping:

Comment

Thats the nice part getting the new metal. So where did you get it from?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
                    Thats the nice part getting the new metal. So where did you get it from?
                    I bought it from Mega parts in Coon Valley, Wi. They are a distributor for AMD sheet metal.

Comment

Oops:roflmao:
                      all I can say is I'm glad it happened before it got in paint! The "strap" that I have been using to lift and move various things around here with broke with the engine hanging over the radiator support and you see what it did.

Comment

Originally posted by hemibee68 View Post
                        Oops:roflmao:
                        all I can say is I'm glad it happened before it got in paint! The "strap" that I have been using to lift and move various things around here with broke with the engine hanging over the radiator support and you see what it did.
                        that could have turned out very badly. at least it was only the radiator support that got damaged.
                        sigpic

My Garage

Comment

Damn, you're lucky it wasn't worse. How did the motor end up? At least it had the rad support to break its fall. lol

Never underestimate the importance of inspecting the stuff you use around the shop. I've seen the results of a number of failures - straps, grinding wheels, impact sockets, etc. If in doubt, toss it - it's not worth the potential results to you or your car.
                          The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                          ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Its one of those things that go in slow motion. I watched as it just ever so gently pushed the radiator support down till the drivers side tore and then it went right to the ground. The engine layed over on the passenger side with the transmission hanging up on the support. The engine is the numbers matching engine but the transmission is not. The trans is marked from a 68 GTX 440 car. If anyone is looking for an original it is RS23L

Comment

good luck and as long as you one you can start it when it's time and now it sounds like it's time. Good Luck

Comment

Very lucky. That could have been a lot worse had it fallen another direction and hit you.
                                Shawn
                                72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                                89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

Working...
                                X