X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigT
    started a topic 1974 Plymouth Duster/Swinger

1974 Plymouth Duster/Swinger

Hello everyone I a bran new to this forum. I want to catch you up to on a new project and I am excited to share the process to all who are interested.I will start with a little of the back story of how I acquired this car and where we are today. I will include pics shortly of it current stage or progress.

This is my first Mopar build and I am having a blast. 38k original miles and I am the second official owner. The original owners grandson had it for years but never switched into his name. The 6-cyl was removed by him almost immediately when it was given to him and it has not been in the road since. He offered it to me at a ridiculous price of $2K if I promised to finish the car. The 318 is just newly rebuilt along with the trans. It has new disc brakes up front, caliper rotors brake lines and 10" drums in the rear. A new brake booster and master cylinder. A new steering manual box from flaming river and new steering linkage etc. The car has had the vinyl top removed and there is zero rust or body filler anywhere. There are to small golf ball size dents in the right front and left rear quarters. To date we have fired the engine broke in the cam and now are working on cleaning the brake system and getting the brakes to work properly (the lines were open and left exposed for years).

Thank you, I am happy to be here and have enjoyed looking at all the builds and ideas, as well as reading the technical support back and forth between you all

Tim

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Quite welcome ! How's things coming along ?

Leave a comment:

• BigT
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Shorty, will do!

• BigT
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, that looks much better.

• Shorty Thompson
    replied
    Like your progress , love that A-body . Keep up the good work .

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Here's a tip to increase the size of your photos from thumbnail to full size, like I dd for you in your frst photo.

First edit your post
    Next click the full size link. You'll get some stupid error that you just ignore
    Then click save and badda bing badda boom you have large photos

Leave a comment:

• BigT
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	262526
    Last edited by BigT; 12-19-2017, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigT
    replied

Name:	
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	262524
    Last edited by BigT; 12-19-2017, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigT
    replied

Name:	
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	262522
    Last edited by BigT; 12-19-2017, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BigT
    replied

Name:	
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	262520

Leave a comment:

Working...
X