No announcement yet.

Building of the Texas Thug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a little more work done on the Thug Wednesday.

The brakes on all four corners finished, just need to be bled.
    Four new Afco shocks and a pair of new springs.
    Most of front suspension on
    I was going to sell the 580ci/572-16 head engine because the 572 heads want so much RPMs, but I've decided to use it after all in the Thug as the machinist s taking a very long time to do my blocks.
    Ordered 30' of #10 AN hose, a new 5gal aluminum fuel cell, a pair of custom aluminum weight boxes, and trying to negotiate a fuel system from fuelab so I don't has to use the Aeromotive I use to have on the car

I hope to have the trunk looking like new and the fuel lines finished by Dec 10th, then get the motor and transmission in the car, then the new wiring, then the interior, and finally the the final trim assembly so I can get to the track in mid February to shake down.

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The cage in the Texas Thug was scuffed and painted in Black Hammertone, and the seats were reinstalled. The lighting of the photos is weak.

The heads are ready to pick up from machine shop, and I expect the motor to be fully assembled by Friday. I have the new aluminum fuel cell, a pair of battery mounts ready to go. A pair or ballast boxes will be in Thursday and hopefully the fuel system will be in next week so I can get the trunk finished and run new fuel lines and 00 battery cable to front of car.

More updates to follow.

Comment

Working...
            X