My forward progress.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranky
    started a topic My forward progress.....

My forward progress.....

Some of y'all may know and now everyone here will know I'm finally working on my Belvedere again and so far, no one has died....and hopefully, I'm not next in line! Been mainly gathering up the mostly scattered parts. Dragged my already modified K frame out of the storage unit (enclosed trailer) and dusted it off and went to work on the upper A arms....well, one of them. Took me nearly 2 weeks to find the right side. It was just about in plain view too. Geez. Almost grabbed another one and started over but the lost one already had new bushings and ball joint installed so I really was glad to spot it. Got done modifying it and should be done with deburring shortly. Also FINALLY got the Durango fixed. It had a leaking freeze plug on the back of the block and had to remove the trans to fix that. Contemplated doing it myself and even started on it but it didn't take long to decide just to let a shop do it. It would at least be back on the road a LOT sooner than it would have been if I did it and it is after my wife's baby. I just don't do all that well laying on the floor anymore doing work above my head....at least not very quickly. Spent 3 hours cleaning up the milling machine after making a total mess on it last week. It needed a good cleaning anyways. Next trick is to get the MIG machine going after letting it sit for several years. Fired up the gas rid last week too to do a job for a neighbor. Kinda surprised the gauges even worked since it's been well over 10 years since I've used it. Hey, the plasma machine been doing just about everything needed and brazing isn't something that I'm all that good at anyways.

• Cranky
    replied
    Dragged the old Millermatic 200 out of it's corner and dusted it off. Haven't used it in several years and had to spool off 200 feet of wire to get down to clean wire. Made the mistake of not bagging the spool or at least covering it with some kind of a protective cover. At least it still turns on but it's been needing a new switch for a long time but for now, it's working. Then my regulator leaked and so does the one on my TIG machine. Welding shop I trade with said everyone in the shop was off for the holidays so I borrowed one from a buddy. I'm ready to do some welding but I'm not 'motor'vated anymore. Maybe tomorrow. Got some welding to do on the engine compartment. Windshield is protected and everything is out of the way except for some carpeting but that won't take much effort to move out. I did buy a new toy (new to me)....a 30+ year old bolt action .22 rifle. Remington 581. It shoot shorts, longs and long rifle. I also picked up some CB's which are more quiet than my pellet rifle!

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	257208 Things I do.....probably did this 30 years ago but got the aftermarket clamp recently....for free. The stock clamp is 190 grams, the stock modified clamp is 100 and the aftermarket is 125. Yeah, it's not much but but ounces add up and in a hurry. I trim just about everything in my cars including bolts and nuts. There are no bolts with extra threads showing past the nut etc....
    Let's try a bigger pic....
    Last edited by Cranky; 11-12-2016, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Originally posted by Cranky View Post
    I did
    Yeah the title confused me

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I swear I multiquoted a post the other day now I can't remember how I did it....

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by BK View Post
    Hey hey, get your own thread
    I did

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by 80 Aspen RT View Post
    Way to go Cranky, dont forget we need pics to go along with rhe story!!
    Well, I could post some pics of modified UCA's and cleaned up rear spring hangers lol

Leave a comment:

• Unfettered
    replied
    I have 4 jack stands that I haven't used if you need them.....

Congrats on getting motorvated again. I know I have projects I need to get back to as well.

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
    Let me know if you need more jack stands.
    See if he needs help on how to post a picture

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Hey hey, get your own thread

Leave a comment:

• 80 Aspen RT
    replied
    Way to go Cranky, dont forget we need pics to go along with rhe story!!

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Ha ha hee hee ho ho....don't need anymore jack stands since I got rid of 7 cars over the past several years. I actually have another 66 Belvedere but it's a roller believe it or not. And I'm not just getting started but have been doing things to it here and there. I'm just working on it more now than I was.

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied
    Glad to hear you're finally starting on the Belvedere, about time! lol Let me know if you need more jack stands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X