X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Freak
    started a topic 69 Superbee clone project

69 Superbee clone project

I would like to share my project with you all so here we go.

• Super Freak
    replied
    Originally posted by wedgedave View Post
    IT would be a real sleeper if you didn't have that high riser sticking out of the hood. A hemi hood scoupe and and 2 carb's with a Modman indy manifold with laffing gas would be the way to go in my sneaky mind. I have all of that under the hood except the nitrus in my 65 beleveder 540 ci. Let me compliment you on your work, it's top notch .
    Kind of far from a sleeper look with big tires and a full cage and when the blown Hemi goes in..........

Leave a comment:

• wedgedave
    replied
    Haupty It's A 540 big block With Indy 440-1 cylinder heads ported, modman w/2- 750 edelbrock's, crankfired ignition (MSD) 700 lift roller comp cam and 1.6 roller rocker arms, I am using a 440 source crank and 7.1 rods with chevy b\b rod bearings. TTI headers.The compression runs about 14-1 The picture is on my facebook page Dave Isom. I run the Victory Sieres and they have a facebook page as well , and i think there is a picture on there as well. Best run was 9.96 @ 139.00 my 60 ft time was 1.5. I run SS/A which is 10 second class but once in awhile I air it out. The NHRA guys come over and yell at me for doing it but the hell with them.

Leave a comment:

• RAM MAN
    replied
    impressive !

Leave a comment:

• haupty
    replied
    69 Superbee clone project

Hi Dave!

Do you have any pictures of your '65, and specs on the engine?

Thanks, Tom!

Originally posted by wedgedave View Post
    IT would be a real sleeper if you didn't have that high riser sticking out of the hood. A hemi hood scoop and and 2 carb's with a Modman indy manifold with laffing gas would be the way to go in my sneaky mind. I have all of that under the hood except the nitrus in my 65 beleveder 540 ci. Let me compliment you on your work, it's top notch .

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by hemi67s View Post
    Awesome work!
    Yes it is!!

Leave a comment:

• wedgedave
    replied
    IT would be a real sleeper if you didn't have that high riser sticking out of the hood. A hemi hood scoupe and and 2 carb's with a Modman indy manifold with laffing gas would be the way to go in my sneaky mind. I have all of that under the hood except the nitrus in my 65 beleveder 540 ci. Let me compliment you on your work, it's top notch .
    Last edited by wedgedave; 10-21-2013, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Awesome work!

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Got the x-brace in and checked the chassis for square and all the panels and the final ride height is set. Almost ready for body work.

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Made my diagonal link into an x-brace and made knew brackets and spacers for mounting.

Leave a comment:

• 80 Aspen RT
    replied
    Very Nice!

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Had to make an adapter for the thermostat housing because the thermostat for this housing would just fall into the opening of the water pump housing.

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Got my engine assembled. Made my own valley plate.

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Got the front suspension done.

Leave a comment:

• Super Freak
    replied
    Thanks guys.
    No more tools for me Cranky

Leave a comment:

Working...
X