69 Superbee clone project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress pics

Got a little work done on the car this weekend.
    Prior to the weekend I got the passenger side 1/4 in......still have finish welding it in and got the trunk lid all lined up.

Here another site member lent me a motor plate so I could make my own, the one on the left I made and out of 3/8" and a little bigger.

Here I had the cowl ends opened so I could sand blast then prime and weld shut.

Then I took out a little bit of the fire wall due to rust holes.

Comment

Progress pics

Here I cut out the cowl vent so I could blast and prime then I will weld in a solid piece.

Then I got the new fire wall in but still have to finish some grinding and I have to tweak the lower corners and finished the roll cage.

Then I got the baggage tray fabricated and in place for a test fit and first shot it is ready to weld in.

Here I cut all the crap off the lower rear section that someone had tried to do custom sheet metal work over lots of rusted metal and then smeared 3/4" thick of bondo.

Comment

Progress pics

I then started to work on the front fenders so I could get this stage done and get all the remaining fender parts out of the shop. I have to take pieces from four fenders to make one good one for the drivers side.
        The front of this one is pooched.

Sanded this one down to use the main shell but needs the rear inner brace replaced and the top rear edge replaced and some pieces in the front top inside edge replaced and the rear lower section also has to be replaced.

Comment

Progress pics

Here I disected a 68 fender for the rear inner brace and will need to be cleaned up.

Comment

Wow! Some nice work there.
            The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
            ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Wow, been away for a while and see your doing a great fab job on the B. The pictures are great, i keep getting more ideas in head.

Comment

WOW! You have skills!! Keep those pictures coming!
                75_OLOA_Duster
                75 Duster,72 F100 Custom,79 Camaro,01 Civic, 11 Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by moparmusclecars View Post
                  Where did you buy your quarter panel? Just curious...
                  AMD sells them now.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Wow, you're doing great work on the car. That's a lot of work and repair involved for sure.

Comment

And to think I'm whining about changing a motor ! You are doing a GREAT job ! Keep posting.
                    The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Well I am slowly making some progress. I got the passenger side fender in progress, I stitch welded a 68 and a 69 together and still have to finish welding it up.

Comment

Got the luggage tray welded in and did some more tin work.

I modified the fire wall and got more of the floor pans done.

Got the frames welded in that the seats will be bolted to.

Comment

Cleaned up the welds on the luggage tray and got that area primed.

Started mocking in the drive line

I was using the old k-member to put the motor in the right location from front to back.

Comment

Here I took a few dream shots just to get a rough idea how much of the motor will be coming through the hood.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Here I have the final ride height set.

Comment

Nice work! That thing is going to be really nice.
                              The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                              ~Ted Nugent

Comment

It will be kick but when its done. looking good so far.
                                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X