• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good
    "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by moparmusclecars View Post
      Where did you buy your quarter panel? Just curious...
      They are 1/4 skins - got them from a local resto shop I deal with.

Comment

Progress pics

Here are some more progress pics. I finished fabricating the frame rails got them welded up and welded in place.

Here I still have to weld the inside of the shock towers but I will leave that for later until I see what suspension kit I go with but I do have the outside tacked in place.

Tomorrow I will start the roll cage and side rails which will be placed at the base of the roll cage down legs.

Comment

Roll cage

I started the roll cage yesterday and man is that a lot of work when doing it all yourself. I bought a 12 point cage for a B- body from Competition Engineering and it sucked nothing fit and they just wasted their time notching the ends because they weren't even close. I had to modify everything I have done so far. I made jigs for cutting all the angles, the last thing I want is for this to look mickey mouse

I found this bungy netting I use for my motor bike to hold up the top hoop.

Comment

Tires & Rims

Finally got the new tires and rims put together today so I was doing a little fitting to see how things are going to look as far as cutting requirements are concerned, other than that I have not been able to work on the car due reno completion being done on my basement suite. I have a few things to finish outside then I have to finish my bathroom upstairs again. I am getting sick of doings things at home that I do all day at work.
            33x19.5x15 Sportmans and 26x8.5x15 front runners
            I have the other rims that came with the car being polished and will put on some ET streets for when I go to the track

Did some more work on the cage a couple of a few weeks ago but the battery went dead, go figure.

Comment

Nice job. Looking really good.

Comment

Looks very good!!
                Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax

Comment

I forgot to add that I had a new halo bar made, the one I did the first time with the angle at the back side apparently was not not going to pass tech inspection so say la vi.

Comment

Your doing well considering the home renovations on the go too. I'm moving soon and doing renovations and my poor cars have been suffering neglect in the process.

Comment

Progress pics

I managed to get a couple of hours a night this week to work on the car, still working on the roll cage.

The new halo bar in place

Finally got the frame for my slip roller made up

Comment

Originally posted by Bblock View Post
                        Your doing well considering the home renovations on the go too. I'm moving soon and doing renovations and my poor cars have been suffering neglect in the process.
                        Its like a drug, if I don't get in the shop for a while I go a little coo-coo!

Comment

Great Build.

Comment

Progress pics

Thought I'd post a few pics due to the lack of chatter in Bbodies.
                            Doing a little tin work here.

Comment

Its looking real good!
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Found a pic of the car from the ebay add where I bought the car. Looked good from far but from good.

Comment

Working...
                                X