No announcement yet.

69 Superbee clone project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice project and a good engine combo as well. also love the color!!!!
    71 Barracuda 440 727
    (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Comment

Up-date

Picked up my parts car and the parts that came with it on Sat 8hr round trip but I enjoyed the drive.

The whole floor will be for my 69 Super Bee and plus I will have parts to sell.

Comment

wow this is so cool, I'm new to all this stuff but this thread is giving me so much motivation!

Don't stop with the progress pics I can't wait to see whats next!

Comment

OK, here are some progress pics.I finished fabricating and welding in the back half and yes just incase your wondering I could have got a store bought unit but I just couldn't justify the cost of getting one shipped up here when I figured I can make my own. Its not as nice looking as a store bought unit but it was a lot cheaper and it looks good to me and besides I want to do as much as possible myself.

Comment

nice job
            "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

Looks pretty good to me!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

OK, some more progress pics. Last night and tonight I finished removing the front frame rails and then I mocked in a 2x3 rail. I decided I will tube chassis
                the car but now I'm not quite sure because I will need the front suspension designed which is blocking my decision. I do have the frame rails and cross member on my parts car but I sure like the idea of a tube chassis.

Comment

I say with all that car has got to have done, and all there is, tube chassis it.

Maybe you could fix the parts car up a little and get rid of it to recoup a bit.
                  '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

What will final coloration be including int & stripe?

Remember there are 4 things that make a Bee 1) stipe or insignia 2)rally instument panel 3) scoops or power bulge hood 4) REMEMBER the wheel lip mouldings std on a Bee N/A on an RR
                    I got to order & still have my 69 Bee

Comment

Originally posted by horaces View Post
                      What will final coloration be including int & stripe?

Remember there are 4 things that make a Bee 1) stipe or insignia 2)rally instument panel 3) scoops or power bulge hood 4) REMEMBER the wheel lip mouldings std on a Bee N/A on an RR
                      I got to order & still have my 69 Bee
                      the tail lights, stripe and emblems will be there but if you look back at the motor you can see that there will be no scoops or power bulge hood, the gauge cluster will more than likely be custom. House of kolour Tangerilo pearl with black interior. My 69 bee 383 magnum car I will be restoring to stock if I don't decide to sell it first.

Comment

I went and talked to Blake at Killer customs today and discussed the front suspension and the work involved with a tube chassis, fairly complex and just a wee bit out of my scope of know how, oh well back with pencil to paper.

Comment

Progress pics.
                          I cut up the parts car today and it looks I am going with the factory frame rails unfortunately these will need some repair work.

Comment

i would say cutting up the parts is an understatement! wow!
                            71 Barracuda 440 727
                            (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)

Comment

progress pics

Well its been awhile but I have some progress pics. I have been working on the house and contemplating about the front end. I started cleaning up the frame rails I got and both sets are in need of repair so I said to hell with it. I started fabricating up a set of new ones to connect to the back half completing the tube chassis. I am setting it up so I can bolt on a coil over kit and I just have to buck up for it because I am tired of having to fix everything before I can use it.

Here is the first one tacked together and mocked in place for a test fit before full welding.

Comment

Where did you buy your quarter panel? Just curious...

Comment

Working...
                                X