X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK
    started a topic BK's Trailer Thread

BK's Trailer Thread

Today I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 12,000 winch, block pulley, heavy duty 5 drawer tool cart, 301 PC tool set, 6 gal 1/3hp 150psi compressor, 3ton Jack, and some other this and thats. Also order 24"x 40' of .0625 polished treadplate for runners.

i'll post progress photos of trailer updates. Plans include windows in the raised area, a railing, and cots if one or both spend the night at the track or take a little nap. Tread plates on floor, Etracks on walls, mount compressor and plumb under the curb side of trailer, winch and battery along wall with removable block pulley in middle, mount tool box next to cabinets, spare tire on wall, pit pal storage, and 16" aluminum weeks with E-Rated tires,....

• BK
    replied
    Update, I changed photo servers, but all of those photos can be found at:

http://www.oldhippiesphotos.com/inde...2014-Gooseneck

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    A few more enhancements

Fuel Jug storage in generator compartment

Storage/table

Jack Pouch

Leave a comment:

• RAM MAN
    replied
    nice job

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    about finished -- just need to mount the winch remote, an inverter, the door cabinet, and a jack pouch

put 200 miles on it with a car in it yesterday -- barley know it's back there

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    I'm not sure I have any long bolts any of the race cars except on one safety loop

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    You could probably remove a 100 lbs from your race car if they were all sawed off at the nut lol

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    That's what we had and I didn't feel like making a hardware run

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Why do you such long bolts for everything? I remember looking under one of your cars once and nearly everything had bolts that were 2 feet longer than needed lol

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Did some more work on the trailer today -- including plumbing the air line to under the step with a bracket I made

while I was under the trailer -- I took a photo of the plates I made for the D-Rings/Winch and the undercoating

Leave a comment:

• RAM MAN
    replied
    coming right along !

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Ok, before

Now

mounted an etrack with spare tire mount, wall carpet to open door (still need to trim), winch (still need to mount the wireless remote and cut down cables) and D-Ring with Pulley, two more D-Rings, treadplate, cut down toolbox and mount, air compressor (still need to plumb to outside), battery box (still need to cut holes for cables/lid), and tool rack.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Today I assembled the toolbox with cut down legs, took a 6' piece of 6" channel iron I had to the steel yard to have a 26" piece cut off for a winch mount, bought some 1/2" x 4.5" Bolts, thick 1/2" fender washers, longer 10mm 10.5 bolts to go through the channel iron into the winch, some square tube to cut for spacers, and a new 1/2" titanium coated bit. I also bought two 3' hunks of 3/8" level 70 chain rated at 9400 pounds with proper hardware to replace the silly cables they called safety chains.

Dallas went to work drilling the holes and painting the channel iron and I made four brackets to mount the tool box to the trailer and painted them red. Tomorrow we'll mount the battery box, winch, toolbox, pulley d-ring, Jack mount, safety chains, and strap hangers.

I have some other Pit Pal storage on order. Also need to carpet half the wall up on street side. Also need to get some white chalk and do a better job on the ceiling to wall transition molding than they did. I also have a solar panel to mount on the roof to keep the battery charged.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    http://t.harborfreight.com/704-lb-ca...art-69397.html

US General 704# 5 drawer. I cut the legs down to where everything below the center brace is gone and I'll mount on raised area next to stairs. Had a Super coupon for $159, plus a 20% in store.

ive done rubber coin, race checkered, bed liner, diamond plate, smooth aluminum, and fiberglass boat deck. They all have their good and bad points, but despite díamond plate being slippery, I prefer it to the rubber/vinyl pulling up and/or ripping. We winch the cars because they and I are wide, so slippery isn't a big deal. I made an offer of $7.50 (times 12) per 24"x36" piece plus free shipping on eBay.

We have Etrack on the floor of the stacker but the D-rings work just as good If spaced right. I have Etracks for the walls on the upper area.

I've had escape doors twice, but since that have to put them above the fenders, they're too high to open the car door unless you have ramps off the floor and over the fenders.

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
    Do you find it to be slick if it's wet?
    I had diamond plate in the 5th wheels.....was slick at times when the Lenco leaked all over...but without it..that type flooring rip's.. I have that flooring in my current trailer.. Sucks cause it is an eye sore from ripping when using a floor jack to move items...
    Thinking about doing what BK is doing.. also thinking about putting an E-track system in the trailer so I can load different autos and get the weight transfer just right.. With my Norm truck I have to have it loaded as far back as I can...If I don't the front trailer tires carry most the weight and blow out after 2000 miles..but with the 95 Pontiac Banshee or a 2010 Camaro.....I can pull it foward and use the access door above the driver side trailer wheels to be opened and open a car door in the trailer with no problems

Leave a comment:

Working...
X