X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranky
    replied
    Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
    Keep Plugging along Dave, Haters are just going to hate...

Looks like a great trailer. I have been wanting to upgrade mine to one with a longer rear door ramp and A/C.
    who is hatin on the trailer? I only said I don't like China made crap referring to the winch BK bought from China Freight.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    This one has two roof vents -- but one is setup & wired to be replaced with an AC unit

Leave a comment:

• Trannyman
    replied
    Keep Plugging along Dave, Haters are just going to hate...

Looks like a great trailer. I have been wanting to upgrade mine to one with a longer rear door ramp and A/C.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    I would think synthetic rope is easier to handle plus it doesn't kink like wire rope does and conforms to whatever it is that you need to tie onto but most times, a hook with a sling is used to latch onto an axle etc. The wire rope on my winch is still nice because I don't wrap it around axles etc so there's no kinks or breaks in it.

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    Been looking into the jeeps for awhile now and seems like the majority like to use the synthetic rope with the winch.. I would use it in the trailer as well

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    All the comments from the Jeep forum were from 2013 with the oldest post being from 8-12. Sorry but I'm still not sold on China made junk. Let me know if its still running strong 2 years from now let alone 30 I'm sick of replacing stuff that was made in China in the last 10 years or so. I do have a couple of vices that seem to be very well made but they both were made 30 years ago. I truly believe they 'used' to make good stuff but seems like anything that's made for export to the US these days is junk.
    Last edited by Cranky; 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BK
    replied
    Originally posted by Cranky View Post
    You bought a China made winch? Good luck with that. Didn't your other trailer have a SuperWinch? Was it still going strong? Mine is nearly 30 years old and still going strong and yes, it's been used and abused quite often.
    I have a Superwinch 4500 in the trailer I sold, and a Smittybilt 9000 on the enclosed. Badlands 12000 is the same as a Smittybilt made for Harbor Freight. The jeep an 4x4 guys like it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f201/...winch-1401149/

i checked a lot of sites and they all claimed the Badlands12000 was a great value

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yAwnfon3L.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    You bought a China made winch? Good luck with that. Didn't your other trailer have a SuperWinch? Was it still going strong? Mine is nearly 30 years old and still going strong and yes, it's been used and abused quite often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X