BK's Trailer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
    An now your a racist hater.. What happened...You get a bad bowl of creamofsomeyoungguy at the China restaurant last week??LOL
    I'm not a racist....I hate everyone equally as much!

Comment

Hahahaaaa
      9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
        I'm not a racist....I hate everyone equally as much!
        OMG I was afraid I had helped start a war with China but now I hear its WWIII.......
        Mack Reeves
        FS/C 2377
        2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

Look at both Smittybilt and Badland and you'll see they're made on the same assembly line with a different label waiting for them.
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Originally posted by BK View Post
            Look at both Smittybilt and Badland and you'll see they're made on the same assembly line with a different label waiting for them.
            Made on the same line using the same parts too? That happens a lot too. Usually if there's a decent difference in price, chances are the cheaper one has cheaper parts.......parts that are made in.....CHINA??

Comment

Laid out where I intend to outfit everything. Tomorrow I intend to cut down that winch plate at the yellow pen and bolt to the floor using the pieces cut off for the underside. Will bolt down the battery case, and make a pan for the air compressor to sit in and plumb under the floor to the curb side. Need to cut a hole for the D-Ring in the center of the trailer for the block pulley to snap into with an S-Hook.

Will cut down the angle iron for the tool box for it to sit in a pan (to make more sturdy) and bolt down closer to the stairs.

I have chrome tread plate for the floor that ought to be in tomorrow, and I have some strap holders to mount.

Still have to mount a helmet/Jacket rack, the spare tire, floor jack,.... after that

Comment

Laid out some diamond-plate before gluing (Liquid Nails Premium) and screwing down

Comment

Lookin good! Where did you get the diamond plate from? Do you find it to be slick if it's wet?
                  His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                  2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

What brand of tool chest is that ?

US General ??
                    "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                      Do you find it to be slick if it's wet?
                      I had diamond plate in the 5th wheels.....was slick at times when the Lenco leaked all over...but without it..that type flooring rip's.. I have that flooring in my current trailer.. Sucks cause it is an eye sore from ripping when using a floor jack to move items...
                      Thinking about doing what BK is doing.. also thinking about putting an E-track system in the trailer so I can load different autos and get the weight transfer just right.. With my Norm truck I have to have it loaded as far back as I can...If I don't the front trailer tires carry most the weight and blow out after 2000 miles..but with the 95 Pontiac Banshee or a 2010 Camaro.....I can pull it foward and use the access door above the driver side trailer wheels to be opened and open a car door in the trailer with no problems
                      9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

http://t.harborfreight.com/704-lb-ca...art-69397.html

US General 704# 5 drawer. I cut the legs down to where everything below the center brace is gone and I'll mount on raised area next to stairs. Had a Super coupon for $159, plus a 20% in store.

ive done rubber coin, race checkered, bed liner, diamond plate, smooth aluminum, and fiberglass boat deck. They all have their good and bad points, but despite díamond plate being slippery, I prefer it to the rubber/vinyl pulling up and/or ripping. We winch the cars because they and I are wide, so slippery isn't a big deal. I made an offer of $7.50 (times 12) per 24"x36" piece plus free shipping on eBay.

We have Etrack on the floor of the stacker but the D-rings work just as good If spaced right. I have Etracks for the walls on the upper area.

I've had escape doors twice, but since that have to put them above the fenders, they're too high to open the car door unless you have ramps off the floor and over the fenders.

Comment

Today I assembled the toolbox with cut down legs, took a 6' piece of 6" channel iron I had to the steel yard to have a 26" piece cut off for a winch mount, bought some 1/2" x 4.5" Bolts, thick 1/2" fender washers, longer 10mm 10.5 bolts to go through the channel iron into the winch, some square tube to cut for spacers, and a new 1/2" titanium coated bit. I also bought two 3' hunks of 3/8" level 70 chain rated at 9400 pounds with proper hardware to replace the silly cables they called safety chains.

Dallas went to work drilling the holes and painting the channel iron and I made four brackets to mount the tool box to the trailer and painted them red. Tomorrow we'll mount the battery box, winch, toolbox, pulley d-ring, Jack mount, safety chains, and strap hangers.

I have some other Pit Pal storage on order. Also need to carpet half the wall up on street side. Also need to get some white chalk and do a better job on the ceiling to wall transition molding than they did. I also have a solar panel to mount on the roof to keep the battery charged.

Comment

Ok, before

Now

mounted an etrack with spare tire mount, wall carpet to open door (still need to trim), winch (still need to mount the wireless remote and cut down cables) and D-Ring with Pulley, two more D-Rings, treadplate, cut down toolbox and mount, air compressor (still need to plumb to outside), battery box (still need to cut holes for cables/lid), and tool rack.

Comment

coming right along !
                              "Good luck on your project"

1970 Road Runner

Comment

Did some more work on the trailer today -- including plumbing the air line to under the step with a bracket I made

while I was under the trailer -- I took a photo of the plates I made for the D-Rings/Winch and the undercoating

Comment

Working...
                                X