BK's Trailer Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BK's Trailer Thread

Today I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 12,000 winch, block pulley, heavy duty 5 drawer tool cart, 301 PC tool set, 6 gal 1/3hp 150psi compressor, 3ton Jack, and some other this and thats. Also order 24"x 40' of .0625 polished treadplate for runners.

i'll post progress photos of trailer updates. Plans include windows in the raised area, a railing, and cots if one or both spend the night at the track or take a little nap. Tread plates on floor, Etracks on walls, mount compressor and plumb under the curb side of trailer, winch and battery along wall with removable block pulley in middle, mount tool box next to cabinets, spare tire on wall, pit pal storage, and 16" aluminum weeks with E-Rated tires,....
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

You bought a China made winch? Good luck with that. Didn't your other trailer have a SuperWinch? Was it still going strong? Mine is nearly 30 years old and still going strong and yes, it's been used and abused quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
      You bought a China made winch? Good luck with that. Didn't your other trailer have a SuperWinch? Was it still going strong? Mine is nearly 30 years old and still going strong and yes, it's been used and abused quite often.
      I have a Superwinch 4500 in the trailer I sold, and a Smittybilt 9000 on the enclosed. Badlands 12000 is the same as a Smittybilt made for Harbor Freight. The jeep an 4x4 guys like it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f201/...winch-1401149/

i checked a lot of sites and they all claimed the Badlands12000 was a great value

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yAwnfon3L.jpg

Comment

All the comments from the Jeep forum were from 2013 with the oldest post being from 8-12. Sorry but I'm still not sold on China made junk. Let me know if its still running strong 2 years from now let alone 30 I'm sick of replacing stuff that was made in China in the last 10 years or so. I do have a couple of vices that seem to be very well made but they both were made 30 years ago. I truly believe they 'used' to make good stuff but seems like anything that's made for export to the US these days is junk.
        Last edited by Cranky; 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Been looking into the jeeps for awhile now and seems like the majority like to use the synthetic rope with the winch.. I would use it in the trailer as well
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

I would think synthetic rope is easier to handle plus it doesn't kink like wire rope does and conforms to whatever it is that you need to tie onto but most times, a hook with a sling is used to latch onto an axle etc. The wire rope on my winch is still nice because I don't wrap it around axles etc so there's no kinks or breaks in it.

Comment

Keep Plugging along Dave, Haters are just going to hate...

Looks like a great trailer. I have been wanting to upgrade mine to one with a longer rear door ramp and A/C.
              His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
              2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

This one has two roof vents -- but one is setup & wired to be replaced with an AC unit

Comment

Originally posted by Trannyman View Post
                  Keep Plugging along Dave, Haters are just going to hate...

Looks like a great trailer. I have been wanting to upgrade mine to one with a longer rear door ramp and A/C.
                  who is hatin on the trailer? I only said I don't like China made crap referring to the winch BK bought from China Freight.

Comment

I don't like China made crap

An now your a racist hater.. What happened...You get a bad bowl of creamofsomeyoungguy at the China restaurant last week??LOL

Member USCCA

Comment

I would think synthetic rope is easier to handle plus it doesn't kink like wire rope does and conforms to whatever it is that you need to tie onto but most times, a hook with a sling is used to latch onto an axle etc. The wire rope on my winch is still nice because I don't wrap it around axles etc so there's no kinks or breaks in it.
                      I'm not trying to hijack BK's thread but what size synthetic rope would you use for a 3600 lb stocker??
                      Mack Reeves
                      FS/C 2377
                      2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

I had read quite a few winch and synthetic cable reviews. There are good and worthless synthetic rope. If I were to go that route I'd use Warns 10,000 a but it costs hear as much as a winch.

http://www.amazon.com/WARN-87915-Spy.../dp/B007KCNBB6

Comment

just make sure that rope wasn't made in china.....
                          His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

99 bucks.. Saw this while at Jeff's 4 wheel drive today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw3hkeY0e2Q#t=18

Member USCCA

Comment

Yeah!! Just make sure that crap ain't from CHINA!!:angel:

Comment

Working...
                              X