X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old_Demon
    started a topic New Challenger Race Car Build

New Challenger Race Car Build

A friend of mine bought a body only of one of the new Challengers. He got it from a racer (forget who) who had the spare body. Then he had a chassis built at Wizard Racing nearby and sent it out and got it powder coated. Paul painted the body and it was mounted on the chassis. He just bought a Dodge Nascar engine from Bill Elliott's shop and dropped it in. Included below is a video of it running today. He's still got some more money to spend on it for transmission and rear end. Anyway, here's some pictures of it.

• hemisatellite
    replied
    I only ever rapped mine once before burnout and once after, because the Hilborns always ran real fat at idle, once I put in an idle bypass valve, never needed to rap it anymore. I'm afraid my SV1 carb will be the same, Pro Systems says no.

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Weakens the muffler bearings LOL! I was running 2 TR 750 carbs on mine and I just could see all that raw fuel going into the intake every time he revved it....all 8 squirters. If anything, that alone will foul the plugs more than the burnout will. As it was, it burned 1 gallon+ per pass without doing that crap.

BTW, nice looking car!!

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    If anything..just raise the rpm to about 2500 for 3 or so seconds..

All that rap..rap..rap..just builds heat..puts raw fuel in the plenum...weakens the vale springs before a run...puts pressure on the thrust bearing and weakens the muffler bearings..oh...and lessens the expensive racing fuel by a few gal per season

I figured long ago.. If a Top Fuel car doesn't do it...I shouldn't either... It's all about heat..

Leave a comment:

• Cranky
    replied
    Kinda like 'cleaning off the spark plugs' after doing a burnout too. My old car ran the number whether or not you did that so I never did it. A buddy that used to drive my car from time to time loved to wing it 3 or 4 times after the burnout then do a dry hop and I just couldn't make him stop it so he quit driving it.

Leave a comment:

• hemi67s
    replied
    Nice looking car, I like it!

Leave a comment:

• MoparMack
    replied
    [QUOTE=~~Mutt~~;207260]
    Originally posted by Old_Demon
    He's still got some more money to spend on it for transmission and rear end.

Gonna need even more money if he keeps free wheel winging it like that.. Never caught on to why people need to do that so much...9 out of 10 times the person doing it has no clue why it is done in the first place..except it is the "cool" factor...
    My thoughts exactly.... Looks like it will be a very cool ride..... Keep us posted on how he's doing....

Leave a comment:

• ~~Mutt~~
    replied
    [QUOTE=Old_Demon;207255] He's still got some more money to spend on it for transmission and rear end.

Gonna need even more money if he keeps free wheel winging it like that.. Never caught on to why people need to do that so much...9 out of 10 times the person doing it has no clue why it is done in the first place..except it is the "cool" factor...

Leave a comment:

• Old_Demon
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X