Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Grand Caravan.....440 mid engine bracket toy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK...Tha drive'in part ain't gunna happen...Don said he don't drive other's cars...So, that part iz not gunna happen....

Comment

Cool on the Big Daddy connection. Great job on the mini van. Or mighty van.

Comment

I 'it fowl'in 'is 'un a lil' whil' back and an hap'y I chec'd in 'gain to see yo prog'res. Kint wit to see more 'om 'is 'ject. Luv 'at lil' van fo sho.

These projects of yours are beyond cool- can't wait to see the next you dream up and follow along on the last two.
        '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

I wonder what ever happened to this guy and the van. You have to admit, helluva build and it was fun to take the ride along with him. I wonder what he's ripping apart and stuffing a motor in these days, if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
            I wonder what ever happened to this guy and the van. You have to admit, helluva build and it was fun to take the ride along with him. I wonder what he's ripping apart and stuffing a motor in these days, if anything.
            I've wondered too....and I was just gettin used to readin his rightin

Comment

He's building a Duster for his son and a friend of his, using the 440 that was in the van. He's building a new 512 for the van. I'll contact him and tell him to get off his ass and update the thread!
              The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else isn't.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
              ~Ted Nugent

Comment

I was wondering too, that van is friggen cool.
                While we are reminiscing, what happened to 270SE? I have no seen him post here or on the Aspen Volare site for a long time.
                The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Hello gentlemen, and U too kranky!!.....I been kina in hibernation an busy yher lately.....I started a new project fer them boyz, but juss ain't got around ta post'in bout it.......First off, I'm still az goodlook'in az ever, an twice az kocky!!....Now az fer tha van...It'z had a few changes thru tha lass yeer...nut'in major, juss lil thangz that's eazy in tha wallet....I added fresh air to tha mota, thru 2 scoops on tha roof...Swapp'd my 750 Edlebrock for a 850, quickfuel carb....Picked up 60' and 1/8th mile times, and a mile or 2 on top end....Also added a inline water pump in tha lower rad hose...that solved sum "air bubble" issues I wuz have'in.....Went ta track 3 weekz ago and ran 5 passes, 12:22, 12:20, 12:24, 12:22, and 12:38(took off in second geer)....shifting @ 4800 rpm, goin thru lights @ 5600.......Went yesterday and made 2 passes...12:33, 12:77...Left front caliper wuz not releese'in, so smoked a set ov pad's, and prolly warped a rotor!!....All iz good......Sold my lil race bote, so tha ole stockie 440 will be nudged out by a new 512 stroker mota....Front brakes will git sum attention too........Oh, I said tha lil van wuz gunna be a tad on tha heavy side, well I wuz wrong!!....nut'in slight about a 4480# racecar!!...LOL....It'z logged 93 passes, an still goin!!!....Hope I'm still goin @ 93!!!

Comment

Lol...glad your back T, always fun readn yer posts.
                    The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Link to an article about the van.

http://speedsociety.com/cheap-thrill...big-block/?dom

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak".
                      ~Ted Nugent

Comment

Lil update on tha Van...Sold my lil drag bote, so I decided to build anuther mota fer tha van...I decided to go with a 440 source, 512 stroker kit, wit 10.5 flat tops...Bought sum second hand 440 source aluminium heds, then I cleen'd them up, and polished an matched tha exhaust ports...Intakes got sum attention, but they matched tha 440 torque'r manifold juss rite!!...Bought a used roller cam (530 lift, 282/290 dur) and a used set ov 440 source roller rockers...Used tha 850 Quick fuel carb on a 3" spacer(with 4" X 14" air filter).........First pass iz my brane dead pass, so I took off in second geer(agin)...Spun tha tire Purdy hard...I don't usually have to heet tha tire, so I didn't that time, juss cleen'd them off...Had shift lite set @ 5K, and it came on at tha hit, and never went off....11.66 @ 113. 60', 1.58.....Second pass, took of in first, spun a lil less( thought I had heet'd tire, but not enuff)...Shift light lit, and stayed on, so I juss shifted at random....60', 1.48, 11'52 @ 115( I did look at tha tach @ tha lights, and it wuz on 7400!!!....I then figger'd sumpth'in wrong!!....3rd pass hook'd tires, first geer, I had raised shiftlight to 6300, and it came on before 60 ' and stayed on!!....thru lights @ 7400.......11.78 @ 112...........Reelized tranny(or converter wuz goin away)....Got my bruther to make a pass so I could watch tire, and lissen to tha mota...he left @ 2 K, and mota jump'd to shift point, and I couldn't tell when he shifted...so, my diagnosis wuz confirmd!!!....It still went a 11.80 @ 111mph!!!...........Mota ran flawless, and made reely good power!!....I figger'd a 12flat to 11.90, and wuz reely impress'd wit tha mota even after tha second geer, tire spinn'n launch!!....I thank therez sum 11.0's in tha ole van when I kin git all tha power to tha ground!!......I reckon dat ain't bad fer a 4500# sled!!. ...Oh well, Now ya no tha rest ov tha story!!

Comment

Gawd that sounds like fun!!!! Nice passes!!
                          The Ultimate Mopar Fan

Comment

Below is a video of T-Rex's first run taken by a mudstain driver. He doesn't know Michael, just ran across it by accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ulf...ature=youtu.be

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Latest pics of the Cheap Thrill. First runs tonight with the new motor and converter.

~Ted Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by Old_Demon View Post
                                Below is a video of T-Rex's first run taken by a mudstain driver. He doesn't know Michael, just ran across it by accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ulf...ature=youtu.be
                                Unfortunately I was unable to watch the video as youtube says I need permission But I must admit this was a very interesting build

Comment

Working...
                                X