Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Grand Caravan.....440 mid engine bracket toy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, nuther step forwqard!!!....Got all tha junk cut off tha Cherokee front end, mounted spring perches, and installed a new set ov 1750# springs....Broke out a 1972 Pinto rack an pinion I been hang'in on to, and mounted it to the axel...It have a slip to allow the axel to move, and not effect the steer'in @ tha wheel!!....Don't even look half azz bad.....

The width ov tha front end wuz purfekt with the skinny weldwheels on it....Ride hieght iz about an inch higher than I wuz want'in, but it still may drop tha other inch before it's all said an dun!!....I will remove tha iner fenders(strut towers) once I git tha cage in and tied into the horns....I will also move the front floor board(fire wall) forward 11"s...This will allow tha driver to move forward and also inboard, closer to tha center ov tha van....

I wuz shoot'in for 4 1/2" ov cleer4ance between road and rocker panel, but fer now, I'll have to settle for 5 3/4"!!...Corse, this will change sum after engine and tranny are in.....I even used an ole SS trick we used in tha hemi cars...I staggerd tha front about 1/2"...don't know why, it's juss sumpth'in dat helps in tha lights, but for an ET car, it ain't gunna meen didlly...Lol

OK, back on all fours an steer'in...So, it's time to hook up tha mota, tranny, and rear, to see juss wher it all fallz out, and see if we gunna set in tha seet, in front, or on top!!!!....Wish me luck!!..:ROFLMAO:

Comment

Comment

​I love your builds.
        Eastern Washington desert rat......The dry side of the state

Comment

Awesome concept, i do love the different stuff keep going, i want moarrrrrrr Pictures!

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

Few mo pics....Got tha mota and tranny hook'd to tha rear end, and stuck in tha van to see about wher we at.....

I built a temp "Girdle" to hold tha rear end lign'd up with tha tranny, and imobilize tha Ujoint....

Tha mota fell out rite in tha side doors....Could'na work'd out no betta!!!

I put tha mota plate on to hold tha mota wher I want it so I kin build tha frame rails tha mota/tranny/rear will ride on....

Ride hieght iz look'in like it will be fairly level, but I kan change that if I don't like it!!...

Comment

Looks like you can still squeeze 4 captains chairs in the back and haul the whole family! Oh yeah!

Comment

I like it!
                  Shawn
                  72 Demon 340 4 speed 3:91
                  89 Dakota 408 727 4:10

Comment

REX, you never cease to amaze me! might I suggest some kind of armor under the "hood" to protect you in case the mota sometimes don't like ya? Ima gonna get down there sometime, count on it. Would sure like you to bring the Bruiser up here and hang for my cookout. Call Me.
                    Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                    "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                    I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

What are you going to anchor the motor plate to since that's a unibody vehicle?
                      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
                      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
                      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

BK, gunna build a frame, inside tha caravan frame....Tha mota/tranny, and rear will all be mounted solid to the inside frame, and will pivot in the front ov tha mota, with the rear have'in coil springs and shocks....This a a LOW budjit build, so instead ov coil overs, I am gunna use tha stock coil springs I took out the front ov tha jeep, I used the axel out ov...

Kurt, I'm gunna build a firewall in front ov tha mota...It will totally seperate tha driver from tha mota compartment....I either have to seperate tha driver from tha mota with a firewall, or a mota box, so I decided to go wit tha firewall to keep heet and smoke(from a burnout, if it will spin tha tarz) in tha rear, and not bother me in front....But, ov corse, this iz tha planz, and az ya well know, planz sumtime gitz changed fo tha final deel...Lol

Comment

These type of builds are great..Trex.. What's dem dimensions on the frunt axle. mainly de width.. I'm thinkin that would be a nice frunt axle fer my kids studebaker build. It's already got the strait axle setup, I wanted disc brakes... that der looks like whut i need.
                          His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

I'll measure it tomorrow and see whut tha width iz....Thoze axels are built tuff, disc brakes, and haz 4 1/2" lug pattern too....I never thunk about a jeep 2 wheel drive front end before, but now I know how eazy they are I will use they if I ever do anuther project...Never mind, I ain't doin no mo....I thank I said that after tha PT project...Awe never mind, they good front ends!!

Comment

Damm Trannyman....I fergot to measure that front end....I been kina buzy, and juss don't git on heer much when I am bow'd up....Call me Tomorrow, and I will measure it for ya...225-247-2243....

Comment

OK, lil more dun on tha Van.....Been bend'in pipe, and build'in a skeleton for tha lil van.....I ain't gunna call it a roll cage, kuz it ain't gunna be certified, kuz it'z a STREET CAR...;-)....I am actually use'in tha cage to tie tha body together, beinz I cut tha lil van up Purdy good!!..... More later.....My ole body haz to take a lil break!!...:ROFLMAO:

Comment

Working...
                                X