Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Grand Caravan.....440 mid engine bracket toy!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Grand Caravan.....440 mid engine bracket toy!!

Well, been several yeerz since tha PT Croozer project, and sum people voted Obummer back in office, so I ain't got tha money to boat race no mo, so I have decided to build a caravan, with a 440 located behind tha front seats.....I have alwayz been tagged az Not bein normal, so may az well proove it!!.....

This iz a LOW budjit build, use'in stuff I have lay'in around, or have been give'in, or swap for!!!...Body wuz given to me from a friend, that toll me hiz mom wanted it out ov her yard!!...I aim to pleeze!!!...Got it....8 3/4" rear wuz under a dart I had aquired, 4:10 geer, spool, and Mozier axels(it wuz shorteded for the dart, and fit purfektly under the van)...I have Weldwheels with 28"X 10.5 slicks, but they are juss TOO small for tha van...Not because they won't hook, but juss look funny!!!.....Front end will be a strait axel out ov a Jeep Gran Cherokee, but remove'in tha coil springs and wishbones to use leaf springs, and rack and pinion steer'in....Roll cage iz from a 39 chevy PU that My buddy took out...it will be fitted to make a 10 point cage for tha van....

Rite now, I an tear'in stuff up, and scrap'in under coat'in, and sound deadn'in stuff...Have cut tha floor, and fix'd the rear frame to set up rear, and ride hieght......

Heer'z a few pics...will take more az thangz progress!!

Cool us van guys will be watching!
    2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

That will be interesting
      Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
      Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
      Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Yup, that'll be innerestin! And I kaint belive u wote neally a hole centece that was readable! "so I have decided to build a caravan, with a 440 located behind tha front seats....."

Comment

This will be a cool build to see.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

Great plan. Keep us posted.

Comment

Rex, you are the new world's fabrication genious. As with your "broozer" I'm sure the end result will be fantastic!
              Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
              "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
              I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

You're losing your touch. Soon Cranky will be able to read your posts.

Neat idea.
                '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Way cool idea! Im anxious to see how this will be done.
                  The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

Different and cool!

Comment

if sum of yun peeple dunt like the way Trex tipes then you shudnt be reedin his post and quit yer bitchen.

T-Rex... push that engine as far back as possible and get that thing to do wheel stands on the street .... That's just to freakin cool... car builds for nothing and the chicks for free...
                      His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                      2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

Trannyman...I am use'in tha short tail tranny outta tha mota home I got tha mota out ov...it haz 32,000 miles, but i will go thru tha tranny and mota...I do plan on use'in tha converter out tha mota home, kuz it'z loose'r than a car converter, AND, this iz a cheepo build, and I'm gunna use whut I have......Az fer tha Mota bein back, Tha short tail tranny haz a bolt on yolk, and it will be bolted directly to tha yolk ov tha rear end (One large U-joint).....

Yher she iz, remind'z me ov my first hunny moon...She's set'in ther all cleen, bukk nekked, and ready fer play'in ta begin!!!

Yherz tha Jeep Cherokee front axel, all stripp'd down, and ready fer tha leef sprangz,..I will buy a new set ov sprangz, kuz I want to know zaklly whut I have...1250# sprangz are only $20-$25 at tha Tractor place....Once I have tha sprangz, I will lower tha body on tha axel, and see whut iz whut!!

Started doin a lil weld'in...Tied tha original frame back together, but gave it a lil rear end room!!!...I will tie theze towers together with 2X2 tube'in, and tie the roll cage into the top also....The coil springs, and shocks will also find a home up in ther!!!

Comment

only use one u-joint and bolt the trans yoke directly to the rear.... im no xpert, but no way thats werkin. youll have no rear suspension and the mota will ahve to be perfectly aligned....
                          His car wasn't that fast, I caught him on the return road and passed him in the pits.
                          2006 Dodge 2500 CTD

Comment

U R rite, it will have to be align'd purdy damm close ta purfekt...A few degreez pinion angle and put'in tha joint wher it's poze ta be will takekare ov bussiness...I run a mud buggy wit tha same setup and I never had any problemz....I didn't have tha mota this car will have, butI run a 360 and 44" mud tires...I hope this workz out thasame, but if it don't, I rekk'on I'll have ta do sum digg'in into a coupler ov sum kind....Once I git to that point, and tha joint breakz, then I am satisfied that I did my "out ov tha box" project, and I will either fix it, or park it in tha woods wit tha other "Out ov tha box" projects that didn't quite pan out...Lol...Who no'z, I mite wake up in tha morn'in and start sumpth'in else I never thunk ov before, and then, bein ole an wo out like me, I may never wake up at all!!...So, if'in ya git that earge, go wit it...:ROFLMAO:

Comment

damn i think u and i must b kiin or suming thats kinda like the honda odyssey i wanna build only with a gt 750 engin ya freinkin whooooooooooooooooooo nice though

Comment

Working...
                              X