68 cuda fornula S fastback resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 cuda fornula S fastback resto

I am starting a thread about the restoration of my cuda. It is a numbers matching, 1968 formula S fastback. it is a 383 with a four speed. The color is burgandy poly on the outside, and maroon on the inside.

My plan is to put a 572-605 big block in it. it will be an aluminum block as I am trying to get the care as light as possible. It will also have an altercation front suspension and a Dana 60 with 3.73 gears. I will be installing a 5 speed overdrive transmission.

This is my first A Body restoration, I have always wanted to restore an A body, as you can see in my signature I have 2 Chargers and 2 Cuda convertibles. So far, finding the parts to restore this car, has been tougher than any of the other cars. All my other cars have 500" or larger motors and make between 700 and 850 hp. No reason to change that with this car! I drive all of the cars on the street.

I bought the car 2 years ago, and started the body work almost a year ago. I just got it back from the body and paint - so now I am starting to put it back together with all the pieces and parts I have been acquiring over the last 2 years.
    Here are some photos of the car when I purchases 3/2011.
    68 cuda formula S bb 4sp 68 charger 500"4sp,70charger 580"4sp,2ea.70cuda conv.500"4sp: TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

more pics. i will be adding alot more pics in days to come..
    Last edited by old school; 02-26-2013, 09:49 PM.
    68 cuda formula S bb 4sp 68 charger 500"4sp,70charger 580"4sp,2ea.70cuda conv.500"4sp: TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Comment

in the 80's i had a gts 383,,always wanted a b block fastback cuda,thanx for sharing.

charlie
      1968 dodge charger resto mod
      http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/car...ad.php?t=19039

Comment

I do love the 68 Fastback Formula S cars... Mine has a 400 stroked to 472 and yes its a race car but still could go back to the street with minimal work.... Please keep us posted on your progress.....
        Mack Reeves
        FS/C 2377
        2009 DragPak U 426-004

Comment

It will be a nice build, love stick cars.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

Comment

i had the whole body soda blasted. it is alot nicer than sand blasting. cost the same too. i used an acetylene torch with a rosebud to strip the undercoating. man that went quick. had the whole car done in like 3 hours.

Comment

glad to see you doing that one now. im sure it turn out just like the others
              Who's your daddy ?

Comment

thanks plum. i will post alot more pics latter. i need to re-size all of them......

Comment

here are some pics of it painted. i went with the factory color. it is called burgandy poly. i like it. all the body gaps lined up really nice. i had it painted in peices then put it all together after paint. check out the deck lid. it is an AAR fiberglass one. the fit was very nice and the underside is detailed. it was better than expected. it only weighs 19 pounds too. i have a ton of pics. i will post more when i can figure out how to load them with out using all my memory....

Comment

anybody know how to delete unwanted attachments? i have a few to delete. that would give me alot more memory.

Comment

Go into forum actions and click settings. Should find attachments there.

Cool project and it's looking great. Love the color.

Comment

I LOVE the color!
                        Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
                        "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
                        I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Originally posted by hemisatellite View Post
                          I LOVE the color!
                          What he said.:clapping:
                          The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Doing great!

Comment

Lookin good!! Man, I tried using a torch on my 66 when I removed the undercoating but it was so thick. After lighting it off a couple of times, I started using a heat gun instead. That produced a lot less smoke not to mention no more fires.

Comment

Working...
                              X