New 440 build, sitting 5 years???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cranky View Post
    Is that the one you lost at Houston a few years back and everyone was pulling your chain anyways? All I can say is that you took that in good stride lol
    Yup, that was the 140mph with Mobil1 on the slicks pass in 2006. I was pissed, but have learned that doesn't help.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Wow...bet your ass was puckering.
      The Ultimate Mopar Fan

72,73,74 Charger- 78 Magnum- 78 Supercoupe- 80 Aspen R/T- 96 Ram- 01 Stratus R/T, 2011 Charger

Comment

money

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
        Back in the first days of PM we would change rods every 3rd race on the 707.. On the 615 ..every 4 races..
        Still have plenty of "Ash Trays"

If I had the money for all those pistons and rods,,,, i'd done it rite the Second time>>>>. lol

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

and to think they build 6000hp cars and they never blow???? how silly is that,,,,,

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

that's a hell of a way to get ashtrays, try walmart>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by 1971ssp View Post
          If I had the money for all those pistons and rods,,,, i'd done it rite the Second time>>>>. lol
          Yeah.. That would have been nice...but the reality of it is that today's Nitrous setups are the results of us Carolina hick country boyz that got Pro Mod signed into it's own class in Ennis Texas with Billy Meyers.. Many R&D trips down the 1320..Companys like Mike Thermos's NoS systems...ICE.. Barry Grant..Nitrous Works an so on.. Then just when you think you got it figured out...you have to spend another couple hundred thousand to get all that power to hook up...So..Many days on the 1/8th and 1/4 just doing 1st, 2nd, 3rd Lenco pulls only to learn that a carbon fiber clutch is only going to slip in the tranz and roll the sprags..so step up to the plate with Ram Clutches and get the dual disc slider...Totaly different even today.. when we were burning the pistons up going 6.90's and what they are doing now in the 5's... Lot's of ash trays my man...lot's of ashtrays...Shoot...That bucket full was just one year of testing and match racing.. The IHRA events were basicly ...pretty easy on the parts.. And the B-1 motor that Koffel built for Christine...that thing was apart almost every round....thats if the car wasn't burning up in the trailer or dropping the rear 1/4 to only drag a couple bottles down the track...LOL
          Last edited by ~~Mutt~~; 12-31-2012, 05:57 PM.
          9-1-1 or 1911 Your Choice. Choose Wisely

Member USCCA

Comment

Hey Mutt, you waitin for the price of aluminum scrap to go up before taking all that in?

Comment

Originally posted by ~~Mutt~~ View Post
              Yeah.. That would have been nice...but the reality of it is that today's Nitrous setups are the results of us Carolina hick country boyz that got Pro Mod signed into it's own class in Ennis Texas with Billy Meyers.. Many R&D trips down the 1320..Companys like Mike Thermos's NoS systems...ICE.. Barry Grant..Nitrous Works an so on.. Then just when you think you got it figured out...you have to spend another couple hundred thousand to get all that power to hook up...So..Many days on the 1/8th and 1/4 just doing 1st, 2nd, 3rd Lenco pulls only to learn that a carbon fiber clutch is only going to slip in the tranz and roll the sprags..so step up to the plate with Ram Clutches and get the dual disc slider...Totaly different even today.. when we were burning the pistons up going 6.90's and what they are doing now in the 5's... Lot's of ash trays my man...lot's of ashtrays...Shoot...That bucket full was just one year of testing and match racing.. The IHRA events were basicly ...pretty easy on the parts.. And the B-1 motor that Koffel built for Christine...that thing was apart almost every round....thats if the car wasn't burning up in the trailer or dropping the rear 1/4 to only drag a couple bottles down the track...LOL

I was there with ya Mutt, just with forged steel rods getting all bent, twisted and broken. Outlaw was fun to run and paid out lots, but cost lots more too. Face it tho, what we learned and know now are worth big bux and the next Gen is coming to us to learn how to go fast. I'm sorry, but I only share with them or teach them 80%. I keep the other 20% to make sure I still go faster than them! I have a couple younger "underlings" that know the rest of my formula and have my "little black book" for all the rest of my ideas and who to call if needed. MANY Mopar Style members have been added to the "book" in the past few years.

PS, does anybody here know anything about these Ma Mopar 4 cyl dirt track "crate motors"? I got one in my shop an trying to figure how to "turn it up" a little. I told the customer how I wanted to "turn it up" but he said my ideas would put him "outside the legal limits".
              Please help support for Breast Cancer, ALS, and Astrocytoma, Brain Cancer.
              "At 200 MPH, you have no friends"
              I promise to defend my country against all enemies, foreign and domestic!

Comment

Working...
              X