No announcement yet.

2-door Volare' wagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the deal breaker would be if you can't do something that'll look good inside behind the front doors.

Can't see why you couldn't fill where the back doors were with solid metal, tie it into the quarters, and swap to coupe doors with custom glass.

It's been done before- but I'm not sure how most of them have done it.
    '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

Originally posted by R-body_mopar View Post
      Can't see the picture! What is it??

But my real question is this:

Why would you want a 2dr. Volare wagon; it will cost ten times more to build one than it will ever be worth!
      " R " , it's just sommething I had wanted to do for a long time . Leaving the framed doors on it and just connecting the the back doors to the rear quarter panels just doesn't look right to me . Sorry if I offend anyone , but it just looks dumb and done in a haphazzard way . Frankly , I'm better than that . I don't wanna chop the roofline , but I will if I have to .

Btw , " R " . I already took into consideration a midsize Rampage aswell .
      All throttle , no bottle .

Comment

my thoughts were to use a 2 door doorjamb and then cut the old back door into a patch panel as needed to bridge the gap between the old "back door" jamb and the back of the new 2-door jamb.

and you arent the only one whose wanted to do something like this for a long time

and on the 1st page of this where you ask "this isnt framed"? I see you wanted to show a pic and all I get is a red "X"
        but no, my doors have no frame around the top edges of the glass, just seals to the A pillar and the roofline itself (the weatherstrips nobody can find) yes I remember the 4 doors and wagons though, having the door frame surround the glass
        Last edited by volaredon; 12-21-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty Thompson View Post
          " R " , it's just sommething I had wanted to do for a long time . Leaving the framed doors on it and just connecting the the back doors to the rear quarter panels just doesn't look right to me . Sorry if I offend anyone , but it just looks dumb and done in a haphazzard way . Frankly , I'm better than that . I don't wanna chop the roofline , but I will if I have to .

Btw , " R " . I already took into consideration a midsize Rampage aswell .
          It's all in the inside panels. If the inside panels look right, that's actually the way a 2 door wagon should look though it doesn't function as well as a 4 door or 2 door hardtop. They did that on the cheap cars for years before it fell out of "style" in the early '70s.

But what you're thinking would be a better functional wagon, but will be a total rework. The back panels behind the coupe are meant for a shorter wheelbase and different roofline. Most of behind the door will have to change completely. Whether glass or metal fills the space above, it'll have to be custom too because of the roof line that has to be different.

On F/J/Ms, coupes have a thicker B pillar and no door frames, sedans/wagons have a thinner B pillar and frames around the doors.
          '67 Dart 270 4 door '72 340(9.5:1), 727, 8-3/4", A/C, original interior, big bolt discs

'77 Aspen SE 2 door '77 318, 998,8-1/4",A/C, Cruise control car,power discs,power steering

Comment

I know I seen that when I had my coupes & wagon . Wished I had my old wagon back , it would've made a good starter/donnor . Loved that car .

Comment

*poke*

Comment

Originally posted by nonstick View Post
                *poke*
                :roflmao:

Comment

Add t-tops and fix the roof window issue?
                  2006 Town@Country loaded

Comment

Shame this never went further than this thread. It'd be neat to see done.

It's not always about money, but it should always be about heart.

Comment

Working...
                    X